Lapua Scenar similar to SMK for kill factor?

Quarterbore

I've used smk's on big game (2 mule deer) I wasn't really impressed like i was with the Amax but just wondering if anybody has tried the Lapua Scenar specifically the .308 155gr. I've began to use the bullet for paper and steel because of it's awesome BC of .508.

If it's not a good choice I'll just stick to the Amax for deer, not much difference in trajectory less than 600 yds.

BTW not trying to argue that SMK's won't kill deer, I know lot's of you love them, i just didn't get what i wanted out of them.

308WIN,
If you like the the a-max on deer keep using them ,the SMK's and Scenar's have a thicker jacket (meant for match) not for Deer. if it work's keep using it .
B

exactly what is it you want from your bullet ?
if your using the A-max now and your not impressed and you diden't get what you want from the SMK are you looking for a faster more fragile bullet? From what I have shot the
A-max is the most explosive tatget bullet out their a good bit more than the SMK.
If your not shooting out past 600yds and your waning a tougher bullet then you may wany to look at the regular Ballistic tips , their BC is lower but at the shorter range you shoulden't be able to tell much
The Nosler Match bullets use a J4 jacket which is pretty thin if your looking for more expansion than the A-max they may perform well for you

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.