Lane Precision Rifles. Anyone have one?

Stretched my LPR 280 AI to 1155 today....pretty amazing accuracy for such a lite rifle...

Last edited by a moderator:
Took my LPR 300 RUM out a while back for some ELR shooting....this is the first time I've been able to get to the target due to muddy fields...4 consecutive shots at 1,560 yards, which is just 200 yards short of a mile. The black bull is a 5" square.

Attachments

• 1560 yd target.jpg
    1560 yd target.jpg
    197.7 KB · Views: 97
After witnessing one of his rifles pull off a 700 yard shot on a Idaho mule deer, I'm sold.
I'm having him put one together on a 700. Had the pleasure of meeting Dallas in the field. This guy is dead serious about his rifles and hunting. He really understands the science of long range shooting and builds a rifle with amazing capabilities. The weak link in this equation is the shooter.

LPR XD 338, 300 matchkings. Dallas and I dropped a coyote in his tracks with a qaurtering towards us shot at 1518 yards! LPR rifles flat out rock ****!

Dallas is a great guy to do business with. He has guided me along well in the course of determing what would be the best setup for the type of hunting/shooting that I do. Also, you don't have to be on some ridiculous waiting list as with some builders.

Anyone thinking about a custom should give Dallas a call.

My build is in the final phase of production and is:
300 WM
Defiance action (sheep port)
Proof Research carbon wrapped barrel
Rifleman stock
Jewel trigger

He just rebarreled a Ruger for me with a Kreiger in 270 WSM because my other smith was moving and didn't have time so he sent it to Dallas. I haven't gotten it back yet, but after reading these posts about people being happy with him I'm sure it'll be a shooter. gun)

I had Dallas build a rifle on a working mans budget. I supplied a 700 LA, requested a 300 RUM and let him work his magic. Very impressive results. 5.3" groups at 600. Nothing I can do to make this rifle shoot over a .42" group at 100. I'll definitely be ordering his long range hunter. This guy understands the science of long range shooting and promptly responds to any communication.

I've got a 6.5 Sherman in the works right now - I'm hoping Dallas will get it to me soon! He's been great to work with and I have great expectations for this rifle.

I have a feeling I'll be ordering plenty more from him later on down the road.

I have two and a third on the way.

1. 300 WM with Proof Barrel and Defiance action
2. 300 WM with Bartlein barrel and Stiller action.
3. 7 LRM with Bartlein barrel and Stiller action. (on the way)

Love my 338 Norma. Great guy to deal with, great craftsmanship. Fast turnaround . He shot .337 in at 100 yards on test target. 11.5 lbs w/ NF NXS 5.5-22-56. Only shot 50 rounds and shots like a dream. Will be having him build me another soon. Highly recommend.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    98.8 KB · Views: 116
I wish I could say super great things about my rifle, but honestly I was a little underwhelmed. I waited nearly a year to have my rifle completed ( I supplied all the parts and I was originally told around 5 months). When I finally received the rifle, the bead blast finish was not consistent at all. Some areas on the barrel looked great, while others were noticeably much brighter. The bottom metal did not contain his new logo (was told it would) and I expected it since I purchased the bottom metal from him for $140. To top it off, the rifle wasn't even cleaned before shipping it out to me. I guess I just expected more for the price that I paid.

Honestly, I feel like since I didn't purchase one of his full custom rifles, mine just got pushed aside. There wasn't really anything about it that said it was a "Lane Precision Rifle".

How does it shoot? I don't know yet - Dallas said he'd make things right on it, so I spent $60 to ship the rifle back to him to have the barrel cerakoted and the bottom metal switched out. That was a month ago....

I'll be sure to post updates when I actually have time to get behind the trigger. I'm sure it'll be a great shooting rifle, so I still have high hopes for it.

Last edited:
Received my Ultra light 28 Nosler from Dallas a few months ago, all I can say is WOW!!! 8lbs with optics and shoots GREAT! Have only stretched it out to 1051 yards and I was amazed at the accuracy. Will try and post pics below of group. Have a 6.5 SAUM being built and can't wait to get my hands on it. I haven't heard lately how it's coming, nor am I worried about it, after all it is hunting season and the guy is entitled vacation time though my impatient butt expects him to be working while I'm out hunting.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    177.7 KB · Views: 92
Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.