Lake City Match ??

1000yards

Acquired some 308 "Lake City Match" ammo. Eagerly unpacked it and noticed it is a product of Hungary! Note the pics. Many things in this world I don't understand anymore but cmon!!
Ammo2.jpg
Ammo22.jpg

From another source:

It was made by Matravideki Femmuvek Sirok (MFS) of Hungary. I believe there was only one delivery of this ammo - then, it seems, the "Lake City" company, a private firm with no relation to U.S. Army Ammunition Plant at Lake City despite the military-match looking box, went under.

Contrary to what the box label show, the "Lake City" brand was never a registered trademark; it was applied on April 9, 1998 by S. L. Brygider (ex-president of Bingham, Ltd. of "Exploder" ammunition fame) and abandoned on October 1, 1999.

These were in fact made by MFS Hungary and marketed in the USA by Armscor USA, Baltimore, MD.

International Ammunition Association

If it's NATO it is probably just as good. Definitely shameful way of marketing.

Saw this at a gun show. Have a good amount available if I wanted.

Israeli's know fightin…

IMG_5690.jpeg

I drive past Lake City every couple weeks, and I've never been in Hungary, so this tells me that this ammo's far from legit.
Maybe you have been really lost for a long time. Do the people at the grocery store look at you with wonder when you ask them "Where is the XYZ?" Check the GPS maybe ...