Long range locations near salt lake city

kptilney

Hi Folks,

Just purchased a Rem 700 Long Range, 7mm Rem Mag. Does anybody have any good locations in mind near Salt Lake, that I can really put my skills to the test? I am looking for about 1000yrds and beyond. Thoughts? Thanks!

Kenny

Hello,

If you are wanting to just go out and shoot then there is plenty blm land available.
If you are wanting to push your skills to the limit then I would suggest attending course at Desert Techs training center. There is not much you cannot test in that terrain of 25000 acres.

THEIS

If you just want to shoot steel out to 800 yards the PMAA range up Parley's Canyon isn't bad. You can't wander down range though. Here are a few more:

https://www.longrangeshootersofutah.com/places-shoot/

The one in Perry looks pretty nice and is about an hour from SLC though I've never been there. Apart from these ranges I'd head out west somewhere and set up your own targets. That's what I usually do.

Hello,

If you are wanting to just go out and shoot then there is plenty blm land available.
If you are wanting to push your skills to the limit then I would suggest attending course at Desert Techs training center. There is not much you cannot test in that terrain of 25000 acres.

THEIS

Can you recommend any good BLM area's - I am trying to stay away from shooting restrictions and ceasefire and all that. Kinda just want to shoot at my own pace. I found a little valley west of Tooelle (the next valley over to the west). It appears to be about 98% BLM. Is it ok to shoot in these types of areas?

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.