Labradar power supply

Anything 10,000mAh or more should do. I have used this inexpensive one all day and still had more than 50% left. I've also used a solar only charger that I got to charge my battery but forgot the battery once. (it has a regulator in it to determine output) Both links are just to amazon.

It's all about Ah (Amp hour). Regular batteries holds about 2000-3000 Ah. Let's say the batteries you use is 2500Ah, so with 6 batteries should use 15000Ah. If you use a 10000Ah USB battery charger instead of batteries, you would have about 2/3 use time than a fresh set of batteries.

It's all about Ah (Amp hour). Regular batteries holds about 2000-3000 Ah. Let's say the batteries you use is 2500Ah, so with 6 batteries should use 15000Ah. If you use a 10000Ah USB battery charger instead of batteries, you would have about 2/3 use time than a fresh set of batteries.
Not quite right. Indeed, AA batteries are probably about 2000 mAh, but they are going to be run in parallel, most likely 2 sets of 3 for about 3 volts, or perhaps 3 sets of 2 for ~4.5 volts. In that case, it's 2 x 2000 or 3 x 2000 mAh.

In other words, the 6 x AA batteries will have 4000 to 6000 mAh.

Btw, where do you guys place the unit when shooting a rifle with a large muzzle brake?
I run the muzzle a foot away, and a couple inches out in front of the chrony with my 300WM. The construction seems plenty robust, so I'm not particularly worried about it getting damaged, just wiggled around, as I think if it's wiggled violently during tracking, it can give you spurious readings or lose tracking. Also, it can simply get blown out of alignment, and you won't notice till it drops a shot.

I run the muzzle a foot away, and a couple inches out in front of the chrony with my 300WM. The construction seems plenty robust, so I'm not particularly worried about it getting damaged, just wiggled around, as I think if it's wiggled violently during tracking, it can give you spurious readings or lose tracking. Also, it can simply get blown out of alignment, and you won't notice till it drops a shot.
Thanks. My 300RUM and 28 Nosler have stout brake blast. I was thinking I'd have to use a tripod with the unit above the barrel or something of that sort, or buld a blast shield. But your idea sounds pretty good.
Thanks.

Btw, where do you guys place the unit when shooting a rifle with a large muzzle brake?
The one break that has been shot around mine was a radial brake and I just moved it in front of it slightly and had no issues.
I've seen pictures where people have placed wood to cinder blocks to catch the blast from the break and protect the LR.

idcwby

The one break that has been shot around mine was a radial brake and I just moved it in front of it slightly and had no issues.
I've seen pictures where people have placed wood to cinder blocks to catch the blast from the break and protect the LR.

idcwby

I've seen reports that stuff like blocks/bricks/rocks can actually spray bits of blocks/bricks/rocks into things you don't want. Like scope lenses, phone screens, LabRadar, and other stuff on the bench/ground...

If it's a concern with really big guns, something like a sheet of stiff cardboard would probably be sufficient, but I don't see the harm in wood either.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.