• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

Labradar at Brownells

I was able to get my hands on a new Garmin a week after the release. The day I purchased I rushed home and tried with a pellet gun in my yard and it worked flawlessly. I really like how easy the phone app makes it as well. You can text or email your information as well in an excel type program.

Then last Friday I was able to use it at the range. We used it on a suppressed 6.5 creedmoor and a 300WSM with a brake. It did not miss one shot. No difficulty aiming it and very easy to transport. I sold my magnetospeed and now my shooting partner is kicking himself that he didn't sell his Labradar before the prices totally dropped.

Here is a pic of the app after using it with a pellet gun

Attachments

• IMG_3349.png
    IMG_3349.png
    33.9 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_3347.jpeg
    IMG_3347.jpeg
    187.3 KB · Views: 40
I got one from the cabelas post here. I used it once, shot three 5rd strings flawlessly. Like everyone else has said it's the easy button. I never had a lab radar but do have a magneto and it's been great but we all know it's cons too. Simply put the Garmin is awesome as long as it holds up. My only complaint or gripe is I wish it would have came with some type of hard case.

I bought my LR 2yrs ago paid 400$ with tripod powerpack and hardcase will just keep using it.

WOW they were $600 to$700 plus ship & Tax two months ago depending on where you could get them.
Guess the GARMIN XERO really put a big hurt on Labradar sales.
Now we need something else to come out to make Garmin lower their price!
Now if we could only get someone to come up with a competitor to the AMP. Any inventive types out there?

Someone here handed me their Xero, I kinda hate that individual(not really) because it has me wanting to bail on the LR. I have seen one posted on another forum in like new condition for $250ish, maybe $200. It sold promptly. I have the inertia trigger, sight, LR external batteries, tripod and HF hard case for LR and It does what I need it to do, but I do see me buying a Xero when the ripples die down and price levels out. Plus I am waiting for you clowns to identify and beat Garmin up over any potential flaws or bugs.

I have been thinking the same thing for some time now. It can't be all that difficult to build a working product. The AMP is out of reach for most of us.
It's the time, research, cost, and materials used in the data collection process for each cartridge that would be difficult for most. I expect that building the working product would be somewhat straight forward. It's the data that so costly.

I believe you are correct!!
Labradar will be $200-$250 used in another few months after the buyers who dont know about the Garmin keep buying up the wave of labradar that are for sale right now. Brownells see's the writing on the wall and dont want inventory they cant move.

When a lab radar can be had for $200 i will pick one up