• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Knife Sharpening For Members

Sharp isn't the issue. The meathead took too much off it that it reshaped it. Made the "shiny" edge more than it needed to be. Needless to say, I am not a fan of the banded electric sharpeners for these things. Sorry to derail Brad, you are doing a good thing here.

7701F82A-70B2-4AEA-A101-02EB3439AA3E.jpeg
85FF7F04-ECD2-4535-91D7-4FC3F5CC42D3.jpeg
1DA004F0-2E48-4551-B8A2-FBAC150D6D2D.jpeg
2BE63D1C-79A5-4DDE-A4FC-1B70C2FC1049.jpeg

Brad
Good luck
I'll send you my machetes.

If you don't already have one of these sharpeners -try it.
Spyderco Tri-Angle does a real nice job on all our knives. Keeps them razor sharp.

Len
Oh yeah, took a hard look at that system. Then I forgot about it after getting some ceramic rods, strops, stones, and learned "THE FEEL". I was able to plow my Bark River Bravo 1 3V steel through a doe ribcage, which I typically would use a Gerber hand saw. I was shocked! Machetes! Oh boy. Them gets the long ceramic rods!

Once you learn the "feel" it is hard to not just use a flat stone. Problem is, your friends now all want you to do theirs too. Don't undersell your time/effort.

Once you learn the "feel" it is hard to not just use a flat stone. Problem is, your friends now all want you to do theirs too. Don't undersell your time/effort.
Yeah, I hope I don't get myself in a trickbag doing this. I was just thinking it would be a friendly thing to do, it's something I'm good at doing, and members here would throw me what they felt it was worth. Then I crawled out of my altruistic projections on the human race and now I'm like....Yeah, somebody is gonna abuse this. Complain they already paid shipping both ways and I get a "thanks". Whatever.

I worked court security my last years in LE. Covid shutdown times. Went to work and just starred at the other deputy for days on end. Looking for anything to fill the 8hrs of sheer boredom. So, I started sharpening the jailors pocket-knives, then all the clerks in the offices. What few people did come in from the public, and surrender their knives while conducting business, they'd get their blade back sharper than when they came in, LOL. Then came the ziplok bags full of $10-$60 knives from patrol, the judge's knives, probation, all the cops coming in from the various departments in the county, state troopers. I estimate I did 500 + edge restorations in 2019-2020. LOL. Never charged because I was on duty and got paid tax dollars.

I am willing to pay fair market value for services. If it is quality, I am willing to pay a little extra if I know it is going to good dudes.

Perfect example, just picked up a rifle from being cerakoted. He has had it a few weeks. When he hands it to me he says the safety broke. I was like it worked when it came in. It's an old pot metal Savage, I get it but no effort to fix/replace, just hands me my lump of %^^& and says pay me. My point, instead when he called to say paint is done, oh by the way we broke it, want us to find a replacement ($20). That should be the norm. It would bring me back in to the shop (loyalty). Not so much anymore.

I am sick of being hosed by lackies...

I am willing to pay fair market value for services. If it is quality, I am willing to pay a little extra if I know it is going to good dudes.

Perfect example, just picked up a rifle from being cerakoted. He has had it a few weeks. When he hands it to me he says the safety broke. I was like it worked when it came in. It's an old pot metal Savage, I get it but no effort to fix/replace, just hands me my lump of %^^& and says pay me. My point, instead when he called to say paint is done, oh by the way we broke it, want us to find a replacement ($20). That should be the norm. It would bring me back in to the shop (loyalty). Not so much anymore.

I am sick of being hosed by lackies...
Contrast that to my smith who lost the endcap of my Mannlicher. He bought the new cap that cost $55 and then wouldn't let me pay for the stock shortening he did. So, now I'm just looking for excuses to give him business!

I only use stones 400/600/1000 for stubborn edges to create the burr. Diamond plate too. I have a lot of success with ceramics. My magic ceramic rod is "ignorant to steel." That thing just don't care and razors an edge. I am in search of the grit equivalent to that rod.