• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Knife Sharpening For Members

DoneNOut

I am offering knife sharpening service to members of LRH. I use a completely hand-based method relying upon "feel of the steel". I accomplish the task using various ceramics, strops, and strop compounds. I have diamond plates for nicks and rolls, and sharpening ceramics for serrated blades. Send me your dull hunting knife, EDC knife, tactical knife, but no kitchen cutlery and nothing that looks like it was beaten on a brick. Price is whatever you want to pay in addition to shipping to and frow.

Pay shipping up front and when you receive your knife back, hit me with a donation of what you think my services are worth. I have experience in a variety of steels; 3V, CPM 154, Elmax, A2, stainless varieties. There's not a steel I haven't figured out how to sharpen, to include, 01 tool steel. Flat grinds, scandi grinds, hollow grinds, convex edges all good. Your knife will return with an arm hair shaving sharp blade you can dazzle your friends with by cutting squiggles in magazine pages.

ALL THAT IS REQUIRED IS THE BLADE HAVE AN EDGE. That edge can be dull, that's the whole point here, but I won't create an edge on an unsharpened bayonet or anything that resembles a butter knife. I'm not set up for that. Nicks, dings, rolls, on an edge is ok. Understand, I will have to remove steel to address those imperfections.

Good to Send: Max 10" blade Length
Pocket knives/EDC
Hunting knives/field dress knife
1/4 serrated blade
Bowie knives
Fighting knives
Recurve knives

Not Good to Send
Bayonets
Fully serrated blades
Swords
Machetes
Squiggly Indian knives
Weird fantasy knives

Hit me up on the PM for service and communication.

Last edited:
This is a real service, BFD. So many commercial "sharpeners" just throw knives on some electric device, or use a clamp-on angle device, and don't know the difference between a Randall and a $9.95 "Bowie" from the back of a magazine.

This is a real service, BFD. So many commercial "sharpeners" just throw knives on some electric device, or use a clamp-on angle device, and don't know the difference between a Randall and a $9.95 "Bowie" from the back of a magazine.
That is a good point. I don't like anything electrical for sharpening an edge. Creating an edge on something, yes. But I don't create an edge from something like a butter knife. I also will need to limit what is sent to me. I'm talking working knives. Imagine the headache of someone complaining I put a scratch on some safe queen, regardless if I did or not.

Great idea! As a guy who hunts, butchers all my own game and loves to cook, I need and appreciate a sharp knife. I thought I could sharpen a good knife, until, my 82 year old neighbor offered to sharpen all my knives after doing him a few favors. What a world of difference when someone REALLY knows what they are doing! Good luck!

I went to culinary school and we used to frequent a knife shop locally that offered sharpening services. We'd pay around $5/blade for that service, but it was on a wheel stone and always removed quite a bit of steel. To sharpen them on stones and strops is a real skill set, and it absolutely worth more than that if you do it well.

Brad
Good luck
I'll send you my machetes.

If you don't already have one of these sharpeners -try it.
Spyderco Tri-Angle does a real nice job on all our knives. Keeps them razor sharp.

Len

Are you able to sharpen gut hooks also? I've got one of these that has seen at least 30 guttings in the last 10years.
8004172D-3C57-42FB-B4DD-13536008AECD.jpeg

This is nice. I handed a clown at a gunshow my "just got married and can't afford to buy a Benchmade, but she didn't for me anyway knife" and he destroyed the blade. Took so much off the edge, not sure it can be recovered. Shameful...