Kleinguenther k15 / Mauser 99

ceard

Good afternoon everyone, I hope this is the correct thread for this I am new and if not I will gladly move it.
I recently bought a kleinguenther k15, it is currently chambered in 25-06, I am interested in getting a second barrel for it chambered is most likely a 284 shehane. I am having a lot of trouble finding the thread pitch of the receiver or if there are any compatible pre-fits out there. If anyone knows any information would be appreciated.

Last edited:
From memory the K15 were made by Voere in Vohrenbach Germany and sold in countries other than the US as the Voere model 2250.
I believe that the barrel has a Sellite Insert that the bolts locks into rather than the normal situation on most bolt action rifles where the bolt locks into the receiver.
Good luck finding a barrel.

Prefit isn't going to exist for this one...from what I've seen, real quality firearm. Been many years since they were imported and not in enough numbers for anyone to be interested in running prefits for them. I think it has a 3-lug bolt and extractor similar to the more modern Sako, straightforward.

It will be simple enough for the smith that's going to do the re-barreling to get the tenon dimensions and thread pitch when he pulls your existing barrel.

From memory the K15 were made by Voere in Vohrenbach Germany and sold in countries other than the US as the Voere model 2250.
I believe that the barrel has a Sellite Insert that the bolts locks into rather than the normal situation on most bolt action rifles where the bolt locks into the receiver.
Good luck finding a barrel.
They were made by Voere, (then bought out by the original mauser later) Klenguenther was a man that started a custom shop in Texas with the goal of building the most accurate hunting rifle he could from what I could find.
I was unaware of the Sellite insert that is interesting and that is the first I have heard about it. I have been looking furiously for information and that is good information to have thankyou,
I contacted KDF customs today (they bought out the original Kleinguenther). They were extremely nice however could not offer me a lot of info and no smiths were there at the time. They did think that they had a Douglas barrel made for them at one time to have a barrel replaced. Tomorrow I am going to contact Douglas.

I didn't figure a prefit would be an option, but I was holding a foolish hope that it might have the same spec as a barrel/receiver of something as I found a post somewhere else from a few years ago that someone had re-barreled his rifle 3 times over the years.

1703171484709.jpeg

1703171513971.jpeg

1703171543678.jpeg

Stuart Otteson's 2-volume book entitled, "The Bolt Action" has information on these fine rifles favored by both collectors and hunters. Vol 2 is where both the K-14 and K-15 rifles are dissected and a full report given, including a detailed history. KDF was incorporated in 1970 in Seguin, TX after Bob Kleinguenther convinced Voere in Vohrenenbach, Germany that their rifle model, the Shikar, was not going to be successful and that both he and they should set about designing a new rifle to be marketed by KDF in the U.S. In 1972, the design was approve and sent to production with a model number of K-14 for Kleinguenther project number 14. In Europe, it was referred to as M2145. About 7,000 rifles were produced between 1973 and 1977 with final sales taking place as late as 1978. Robert Kleinguenther's years as a chief designer and engineer for Weatherby are apparent in his designs. The K-15 followed.

:)