kleinendorst bolt disassembly tool

bob4

Does anyone know if this will work on a Cooper rifle bolt. I have one made for Remington ( 700) it's just not long enough for the Cooper.

You can open it up on the lathe some to hopefully get it to fit. but depending on the shroud size it may not be enough. I have modified one of these tools to make it work on some actions, but it won't fit them all.

J E CUSTOM

Unfortunately I do not have access to a lathe. I think if the " grab arm" ( for lack of a better term) was longer it would work. Maybe I'll go see my fabricator neighbor.

Don't know how the Cooper bolt shroud looks or is removed, but you think it looks enough like a Rem 700's to use the klein. There are field expedient ways to disassemble the Remington bolt, I've used 550 cord and boot laces to name a couple. I bet you could google some videos.

I had trouble with the Kleinendorst fitting the shroud on a number of 700 clones, diameter & length. Found the Brownells unit was slightly larger diameter and because it had the screw knob attached to hook, more length. It's my go-to now and if I remember, a little cheaper.

Found a kid and he made this for me in a day out of 6061.

cooper.jpeg

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.