Kimber Adirondack Stock crack

Trgrtyme

Hey guys, after huntin season I was giving the little mountain gun a deep clean and when I took the action and the barrel of the stock I noticed what looks like a crack coming from the rear action screw. I spoke with Kimber customer service and sent them pictures, they do not have any stocks available for replacement. Need some advice on repairing. Attached is a picture, is this just superficial from the dip? There is no play in the stock near the or around the crack.
It's in 6.5 CM by the way.

Attachments

• 3786185B-FE0A-447B-ADF7-05AB41413488.jpeg
    3786185B-FE0A-447B-ADF7-05AB41413488.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 280
They informed me they could replace it with the Montana Stock but daggone it, I realize it's not a custom rifle but the rifle was just purchased in 2018 brand new. Less than 200 rounds have been fired through it. You guys think I should just opt for the Montana stock?

I'd just take the Montana stock. A guy could probably reinforce that area but I'd have a hard time trusting it. Wonder if the rear screw was making contact with the hole in the stock? Sucks but best time of year to discover it. Good luck on it.

I only use bags. No lead sled for me. And a Fat Wrench for assembly/disassembly.

The Adirondack is an internal magazine, doesn't the Montana have a removable magazine?

Not a hard repair, it's separating at the seam I'm not sure how many piece the kimber stockmakers mold is, but guessing it's cracking down the line where the two halves come together. Betting dollars to donuts it was a lunch break bad prep kinda deal. A repair is going to require some grinding, bit of epoxy and a re dip.

I've been waiting to pickup a specific kimber for over a year now and have watched inventory pretty hawkish. It's been very few guns shipped with most being hunters (plastic stock mag fed) a little shot of mountain ascents and a few of the heavier open range line. My guess is for the last few years something has been up with the stock maker that makes the Adirondack and montana rifles. Guessing montana is all they have in inventory for repairs. If they had a steady stream of either we'd likely see Adirondack and montana rifles showing up on the market outside of used ones on gb.

Definitely a flaw in production of that stock....being as liteweight as it is and not being able to withstand recoil from a 6.5cdm....wonder how the boys shooting 280ai are doing with ther liteweight stocks.....

I probably fall in the heavy duty hobbiest realm of fiberglass repair and construction, so don't want to speak out of turn however.... that's not a horrid split, looks like bad adhesion from a myriad of potential reasons when joining both halves of a 2 part mold. As bad as it looks the core with even a cracked skin laminate probably still works on a 6.5.

I would not mess around with a repair. I'd take the Montana stock OR wait for an Adirondack, pestering them often until they found one.