Kimber 8400 Montana Question

rm76

Guys, can someone steer me to a good, independent (if there is such a thing) accuracy review article for the new Kimber 8400 Montanas? Would like to learn whether they are generally "run of the mill" in the accuracy department or whether they are "better than average" at bring out the accuracy of the WSMs.

Sundra's hunting annual did a review. Showed the 8400 Montana doing 1-2 inches. Have several friends that have the 300WSM and shooting into -1 inch range. Recoil is pretty stiff due to lack of weight. Vais muzzle brake really helps recoil and groups are in the .75 area. Not bad for a semi-custom that weighs abrely over 6 lbs bare. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

I can only tell you that one of my best buds just got one in 270 WSM. He is getting groups less than 1/2" with RL 22 and 140 gr Nosler Accubonds at 3200 fps+.

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.