Kilo 2400?????

Does the 2400 ABS take into account your current 'envrionment' for your ballistic solution? Meaning, if one were to validate a solution to X distance at 1000ft ASL, does the RF make the necessary adjustments if you were to range the same X distance at 7000ft ASL? <ie the MOA/MIL clicks>. Would be pretty slick if all a person would have to do is Re-zero at the new elevation

As for taking all environmentals into consideration, it does. Baro, temp, humidity, angles...all taken into effect at the time you lase the target, then it gives you the drop data based off of that.
It does not correct for those differences in zero atmosphere and current atmosphere where you maybe be shooting. Example: I live at almost sea level (350 ft asl) and elk hunt around 9000 ft. I just punched the change into my Ballistic AE iphone app and the difference was 0.01 inch @ my 100 yard zero, too small to notice, compensate for or worry about. At 200 the difference is .1" in zero and 300 yards a .38" difference off of zero. That difference at 300 translates into about 1.5" @ 1000 yards. Enough to worry about? Maybe, up to you. Since I zero my stuff at 100 in theory I should be good as far out as I care to shoot and not have to rezero when I get to my hunting location. However I always check my stuff (near and far distances) as there always seems to be something I feel the need to tweak.

Does the 2400 ABS take into account your current 'envrionment' for your ballistic solution? Meaning, if one were to validate a solution to X distance at 1000ft ASL, does the RF make the necessary adjustments if you were to range the same X distance at 7000ft ASL? <ie the MOA/MIL clicks>. Would be pretty slick if all a person would have to do is Re-zero at the new elevation
It takes into account Density Altitude which if I understand correctly is the air density at a certain height above sea level. To answer your question, it does account for altitude but using Density Altitude. Hope that makes sense.

http://appliedballisticsllc.com/products/devices/sig-sauer-kilo-2400-abs/

Actually, about all it doesn't do on its own is wind speed but you can manually input that. I like the thing. It coincides with the AB app and Kestral readings.

I was thinking the same thing, which is why I questioned myself..almost seems like it does everything, and then some! I guess I know what my first purchase of 2019 will be

When you have it synced to your phone and lase a target it will display on the phone your elevation/wind correction (dope), angle up/down to target, heading to target via internal compass, current temp/baro/humidity as well as density altitude, energy & velocity of bullet at target, and how to engage target if moving (although generic like the wind correction, a neat feature). Input latitude and it corrects for coriolis/eotvos. When entering gun profiles you input the data about the bullet and the barrel twist rate and it adds in spin drift to dope.

So for someone starting out is the 2400 the ticket for getting your firing solution? Or is carrying around multiple devices more accurate? IE Kestrel, Phone app, rangefinder??

So for someone starting out is the 2400 the ticket for getting your firing solution? Or is carrying around multiple devices more accurate? IE Kestrel, Phone app, rangefinder??
I think it is pretty much a do all. You'll want to verify the drops. I rarely use a kestrel anymore except when it very windy.

I think it is pretty much a do all. You'll want to verify the drops. I rarely use a kestrel anymore except when it very windy.
Same here, I will still carry a wind meter (hand held weather station) but only use it on occasion. I have a tendency to constantly study the wind. When I'm glassing for game I will check vegetation movement, mirage, floating debris, etc. The 2400ABS comes with a wind reading gadget that is supposed to plug into your phone. It just doesn't work on mine so I cannot comment on its accuracy or effectiveness.
Added: a wind meter isn't a do all for compensating for wind deflection, it is just a tool to tell you what the wind is doing at your location. I use that to help determine what I think it's doing everywhere else. It is a good training aid as well, helps you get in tune with what certain winds "feel" or look like.

Last edited:
I've had my 2400abs for over a year now. In December got my new HD-B 3000. The Leica definitely ranges better. The Sig ballistics blow the Leica away! You wont regret the 240abs.

Been thinking about picking one of these up, but was wondering with SHOT so close has anyone heard of anything else coming out that i may want to check out?? Thanks DEW

The 3000 BDX will be coming out. Expect about a 20% improvement over the 2400 BDX.

Great. Thanks for the heads up Doc. Is the improvement going to be in the laser or is the entire package getting an upgrade?

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.