Kahles 624i on E-Tac

ejg

We finally managed to test the Kahles scope on our new E-Tac stock in the field and get a few pictures taken. Overall weight of my 243 Remmy with a Border barrel, the 6-24x56 Kahles, carbon fibre E-Tac & bipod was at 5.7kg (12.5lbs). This is much more than I would be used to for stalking, but it wasn't to bad with the rucksack style sling. Out at dawn we made for the Kerry hills. This turned out to be our first rain free hunt since the season started in September. The first stalk produced nothing as the deer didn't like the force 5 wind I presume. After a cup of coffee and with the wind dropping, we went for a slightly wind sheltered bank where I spotted a Sika doe and a yearling feeding in high grass. I was in open terrain and couldn't get very close as the deer were well alert. I found a mound of grass and an open sight line between blades of grass to not upset the bullet. Range was 261m which is still ok for the 243 with 80gr bt's. Both deer dropped on the spot.
Later we went to higher ground and enjoyed the scenery but didn't see anymore deer. The Scope is an absolute fanstastic bit of kit. The optics seem very "eye friendly", meaning even in a rush situation one seems to find focus and picture quick. Off hand shooting would be no problem at least at lower mag. The unusual position of the paralax turret is fantastic, you have paralax setting and height dial in one view. This scope also features double turn with a little red marker popping up on the second turn. The illumination is controlled by the third turret on the left which is closer to the paralax. Paralax has soft clicks at the marked settings which is great when it is dark as one can find where the setting is or should be. Scope has a Mil3/4 reticle in FFP.

The thickness of the centre arms is 5mm at 100m or slightly under 0.2" at 100m. I presume one can easily put the reticle on a rabbit head at 600yds without covering it....:). Now I must talk to Kahles if they would take back one of my kids instead of the scope....

DSCN6572.jpg

DSCN6570.jpg

DSCN6564.jpg

DSCN6560.jpg

Deer position at the red arrow.
261msika.jpg

DSCN6556.jpg

edi

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.