Kahles 624i

Blackforesthp

I am looking at purchasing a Kahles 624i to go on a 300 Win mag. I intend to use it for long range (1000 yd +) deer hunting. Any feedback would be appreciated.

I have 3 of these. One on a prs rig skmr3 reticle lsw, the other 2 on hunting rifles skmr1 lsw. I love the top parallax wheel and left windage knobs. Everything about the ergos and dexterity of these scopes is top notch. The only problem, the glass isn't great. It's good, but it does have some CA. It lacks the vivid pop that you get from an atacr, zp5 or zco. It's a solid scope. Paying retail prices is nuts, but if you find a 2nd hand unit for 1800$ or so, they're worth it.

I have 3 of these. One on a prs rig skmr3 reticle lsw, the other 2 on hunting rifles skmr1 lsw. I love the top parallax wheel and left windage knobs. Everything about the ergos and dexterity of these scopes is top notch. The only problem, the glass isn't great. It's good, but it does have some CA. It lacks the vivid pop that you get from an atacr, zp5 or zco. It's a solid scope. Paying retail prices is nuts, but if you find a 2nd hand unit for 1800$ or so, they're worth it.
Thanks for the info

I had one for years. RSW, SKMR reticle. Was on my daughter's 6.5SLR. Shot it from 100 to 1770+. Never thought the glass wasn't great. CA never bothered me, or was even noticeable at anything other than paper targets.
The top parallax works fine, but you have to get used to it. Always seemed I was reaching for the left side to adjust, and turning on the illumination. But spot on for my eyes.
The only reason I sold, was when we shot out the barrel after 2800 rounds in that 15.5# boat anchor, I rebuilt it and shaved 5 full pounds off, since I am always the one carrying it in the field. Put a S&B PMII 3-20 US on it.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.