Just starting and its not that difficult...is it?

I will not be using animal heights. I am a target shooter (for now) so use standard target heights. Most of the time I will know the distance ahead of time and wont do any calculations for range. I only need the input for my ballistics computer in my phone. All the other variables will come from my anemometer/thermometer/altimeter/wind meter. I think from reading this thread that a simple +-x calculator will do it faster than anything else. Doing it in my head is out of the question. My head doesnt always work so good........
I really can't remember how far this was. 989 yards, 1147 yards 1800 yards or my 2300 yard shot. It was like 115 - 120 degrees out there that day. You know how it get all to well sir. We were having electronic failure issues. So we just picked out what was good and threw it up on YouTube. You mite have to turn the volume up to hear the report of the impact. It takes about 2-3 seconds for the bullet to hit its target.

I really can't remember how far this was. 989 yards, 1147 yards 1800 yards or my 2300 yard shot. It was like 115 - 120 degrees out there that day. You know how it get all to well sir. We were having electronic failure issues. So we just picked out what was good and threw it up on YouTube. You mite have to turn the volume up to hear the report of the impact. It takes about 2-3 seconds for the bullet to hit its target. I have another 12"x12" steel target painted orange with a white 2.5" round circle I had 2 for 2 989 yards hits. My GF was using a Vortex Razor Spotting Scope to confirm hits. The impacts were both inside the 2.5" circle. Now the solid white target was placed in front of a orange painted piece of wood. I do believe at 1400 yards. Without the orange piece of wood behind the target you could not see anything. It didn't even look like nothing was there. That desert sure plays tricks. So the solid white target you see has 2 impacts pretty close to touching in my book at 1400 yards. I would only fire twice do to the extreme heat. After the second shot strings I could not hold my rifle barrel for more than a second. The rifle was a 260 Remington.

I will not be using animal heights. I am a target shooter (for now) so use standard target heights. Most of the time I will know the distance ahead of time and wont do any calculations for range. I only need the input for my ballistics computer in my phone. All the other variables will come from my anemometer/thermometer/altimeter/wind meter. I think from reading this thread that a simple +-x calculator will do it faster than anything else. Doing it in my head is out of the question. My head doesnt always work so good........
Lol thanks for the funny

For example: I have a Bushnell 800 (the only one I could find with an 8x magnification 10 years ago), that cost me about $400. I shot ranges on the same objects that I ranged with a $2000 Leica HD-B 2000. They were within a couple yards of each other, out to about 300 yds. (I didn't try beyond that.)

Attachments

• 5828B8B4-BD83-436C-A9E0-DEAB3F7E1E65.png
    5828B8B4-BD83-436C-A9E0-DEAB3F7E1E65.png
    27.4 KB · Views: 90
Sure, but that does not calculate RANGE in an APP on my phone. Yes, I can do it in my head, or on paper. Easy Peasy. Read the OP and you will see what I was looking for.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts