Just new 50 cal. CVA Wolf

MagTen

Just purchased a new CVA Wolf and mounted a 4x12x44 Simmons on it. This is a very handy rig and will work real well on my NC mtns. deer and bear hunts.

CVA-Its-Just-A-Better-Gun-1326446228.jpg

The wolf will do well for the Mountains.... lol its not often that you get a long shot there :D

My wife and I traveled to our hunting spot Saturday and took my rangefinder. From where I place my puptent blind to the feeder is only about 35 yards and to the bottom of the mtn. is about 85 yards. To the top of the next hillside is 187 yards which I don;t think that is where my shots will be. The gun with Barnes 290gr. sabots do very well at 100 yards. I have it sighted in at 100 yards to strike 3"s high.

I am very familiar with the NC mountains and i love hunting them, although it sure does present a challenge. As long as you are familiar with your gun and its POI you will be fine out to any distance the mountains will provide.

What part of WNC are you hunting in if you don't mind me asking

I am very familiar with the NC mountains and i love hunting them, although it sure does present a challenge. As long as you are familiar with your gun and its POI you will be fine out to any distance the mountains will provide.

What part of WNC are you hunting in if you don't mind me asking

I have 85 acres leased on the Toe River close to Green mtn. (Burnsville area). I also have 1500 leased close to Buladean.

I hear there are quiet a few deer in that area, but i have never had a chance to get my boots muddy in the area. I hunt in haywood county which is where i am from, But i go to school in Johnson City TN, so i am fairly close to you.

I almost had a few small tracts of land to hunt in north Madison County but it fell thru.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.