Just Got my Kampfeld Customs Rifle!!!

I just received my custom 6.5PRC from Karl today. It is a beauty. Defiance Deviant Ultralight Action, Brux 24" twist fluted barrel in 1:8 twist. McMillan Hunter with Forearm rail and Decelerator pad. Trigger tech trigger set to 2.5#. Hawkins bottom metal milled to fit a Wyatts box, spring and follower. Bolt fluted to match barrel topped with his Hunter fluted bolt knob. Two tone cerakote bolt and barrel/receiver and matching stock coating. Topped with a NF 3.5-15x50 with NF Ultralight rings. Weighs 7.4 lbs bare and 9.10 lbs with NF. Can't wait to get to the range and see how she shoots.
Hello, can you tell me what ceracoat colors were used? It gun is beautiful!

I am pleased he is thrilled with his new gun as I would be too. However I was only offering factual information to those uninitiated such as yourself.
Initially you did not offer any factual information, just a rude comment about how the OP messed up with his awesome new gun. Congratulations, you know more scientific stuff about fluted barrels that most others don't. I would seriously be interested to read more about your findings if you start a new thread about fluted barrels. I believe you, but I also know for a fact that a fluted barrel can still be extremely accurate, just maybe not up to your standards.

Well, I finally got out this morning to try out the new build. I had ammo loaded from Choice Ammunition for sight-in and some grouping and ammo from Superior Ammo which was a sample pack. In the sample pack, 2 of the 4 worked better than others. Here are 4 pics of my shooting this morning....this is about as good as I can shoot anymore. The 2nd Group and my 3rd Group (Black load), these flyers to the right were me I think, not the load. Will certainly take on an antelope or mule deer with these loads. I really like the consistent fps on the black load so will probably order it as I'm not a handloader.

Attachments

• 6.5PRC First groups.jpg
    6.5PRC First groups.jpg
    106.2 KB · Views: 173
  • 6.5PRC Second Group.jpg
    6.5PRC Second Group.jpg
    146.8 KB · Views: 164
  • 6.5PRC Third Group.jpg
    6.5PRC Third Group.jpg
    129 KB · Views: 199
  • 6.5PRC 4th Group.jpg
    6.5PRC 4th Group.jpg
    156.5 KB · Views: 175
Well, I finally got out this morning to try out the new build. I had ammo loaded from Choice Ammunition for sight-in and some grouping and ammo from Superior Ammo which was a sample pack. In the sample pack, 2 of the 4 worked better than others. Here are 4 pics of my shooting this morning....this is about as good as I can shoot anymore. The 2nd Group and my 3rd Group (Black load), these flyers to the right were me I think, not the load. Will certainly take on an antelope or mule deer with these loads. I really like the consistent fps on the black load so will probably order it as I'm not a handloader.
You should see those loads change some after the barrel settles down and is completely broken in. I'd get yourself some cheaper ammo maybe and break that barrel in. Not that there are many inexpensive options for 6.5 PRC AMMO. Looking pretty good so far though. It's 105 in Tucson and I'm holding off on a range day to test mine.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.