Just finished a SPR build in 6.5 Grendel/ .264 LBC.

smack

This Blackhole barrel flat shoots!!!!

Just finished building a SPR with a Blackhole Weaponry 8 twist, SPR contour. In .264 LBC. I am more than pleased with the barrel. I fired 9 rounds on the new barrel to adjust the gas block, check for function and get on paper, then scrubbed the bore with Butches Bore Shine and went for my first 5 shot group. This was rounds 10-14 on the new barrel. Shot at 130 yards from the prone in the dirt with a bipod and rear bag.

The cold clean bore shot was almost exactly 1 MOA high, the next four stacked up for a group of .284 for four shots!

The rifle was Cerakoted in a Burnt Bronze / Graphite Black mix.

Good looking rifle! What percent of black did you add to Burnt Bronze and what scope mounts are you running?

It's a 18" SPR contour, the barrel is for sale (225.00 shipped)with 49 rounds on it. I swapped the stock out to a PRS and have a much longer grendel barrel going on it.

I just built another AR that will be getting a 16" 6.5 Grendel, rifle length gas barrel and don't need the 18" barrel.

The 16" shoots the factory Hornady 123gr SST's well. This was the last three shot group I fired with it while breaking the barrel in. The hole under the group was my aiming point, it was from earlier while pulling a zero with the newly mounted scope. The rifle length gas on the 16" ran like a champ.

What brand barrel? I'm assuming you're keeping the break.

Are you going to a 20" or longer?

What type of velocities were you getting with the 20" barrel? how long is your new long barrel and what velocities are you getting on it and the 16"? looking to get a barrel and unsure between the 18" 20" or 24".
Thanks Dave

P.S. what brand breaks are those and how do you like them?

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.