6.5 Grendel finished

Sweet looking setups. :)

I'm trying to decide between building a 6.5 Grendel upper for my AR, or getting a 257 Bob from Kimber. Right now I'm leaning towards the Grendel. :rolleyes:

--TK

Go Grendel now, and then build a .25-06 AI on a Rem 700 action instead of the .257 Weatherby. Much cheaper than a Kimber, and better in the long-run. I've had both cartridges, prefer the .25-06 AI in literally EVERY way. Less than 100 fps MV difference, which no animal is ever going to notice. Just my $0.02 based on my personal experiences with all 3 cartridges...

It's shooting sub-MOA with certain loads.

I've tasked my son with blooding it this deer season. He now has it in his hands. Not sure I'll ever get it back....

It's shooting sub-MOA with certain loads.

I've tasked my son with blooding it this deer season. He now has it in his hands. Not sure I'll ever get it back....
Ehh, it just gives you a good excuse to build another one. :cool:

What was your load you were shooting sub-MOA with? Just curious to see how it would shoot in my rifle, since we both have the same barrels. If they both shoot it good, then that would be a testament to how consistent Satern Mfg. is with their barrel making process. And if they're that consistent, then I'd say they're right up there with the other big name brands that cost 2x-3x as much.

Also, side-note, you can go back and edit your posts now (which I did with my post where I posted pics of my rifle), so you can remove the Photobucket link and then upload the pictures of it direct from your computer to your post and that way your post will once-again be complete.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts