Just finished a build!

I pulled the buffer out, I got it used just from a buddy that had some parts. Its not stamped and goldish color. The gun hasn't had any cycling issues, in all the rounds I have shot in it, it failed to feed one round and i believe that was due to the long OAL of the hornady ammo. I have no issues changing these parts also, and will probably do do to eliminate any parts to blame bad accuracy on.

buffer tube is still tight and doesn't seem to be bent?
it is not staked
crown is not damaged in anyway and no burs
not sure how to check this gas tube alignment I have had the gas block off and reinstalled it, like I said it doesn't bind and the gun cycles fine.
Match ammo, hmmm would love to find some of this, the hornady is the best I have found in almost 6 months and its a $1/rnd
the for end came installed.

I dont want to sound full of myself, but I have faith in my trigger pulls. with Broz as a trainer, he has beat it into my head the if the gun doesn't surprise you going off you jerked the trigger, and the one time it dry fired, because it didn't feed i never lost sight picture and didn't move from aim point. I shoot this rifle just like I would shoot long range, prone from a bi-pod and sand bags

I did not mean to make you think "physically bent", perhaps twisted is a better word. Here is bolt bounce. Tighten and stake the castle nut
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y2GeugjmeF0]AR-15 Extreme Bolt Bounce - High Speed Video - YouTube[/ame]

I did not think about the ammo issues

I see the issue this is showing, obviously I cant say if my AR is doing this or not. I did notice my buffer has something loose in it, like a rattle.. is this normal?

Im looking into sending this to kreger or someone who knows what there doing to check and re-barrel it, because its becoming more and more apparent that I need to stick to bolt guns, they make a lot more sense to me

I see the issue this is showing, obviously I cant say if my AR is doing this or not. I did notice my buffer has something loose in it, like a rattle.. is this normal?

Im looking into sending this to kreger or someone who knows what there doing to check and re-barrel it, because its becoming more and more apparent that I need to stick to bolt guns, they make a lot more sense to me

If I shake mine it rattles as well there are weights in there, this is not normal at all for the AR!

I spoke with mark at Kreger barrels and on talking to him he discribed my issue to a T Being a gas tube alignment issue. So I looked at that and improved it greatly. So I'm interested to take it back out and see what happens. Couldn't find any how to's that really high light this. But did it to the of my ability

I spoke with mark at Kreger barrels and on talking to him he discribed my issue to a T Being a gas tube alignment issue. So I looked at that and improved it greatly. So I'm interested to take it back out and see what happens. Couldn't find any how to's that really high light this. But did it to the of my ability

Great so that was on the list were you able to get it strait? Super easy if you have the right tools.

Jon

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.