Just call me DAWG HAWG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rabbiddog

So BPS and I got together again for another trip to Red Buff. I found some state held land on a map and called him cause he has the GPS card to pin point its location.
Late as usual I was but we made a run of it. Our 1st set had us in a big flat in the Tehama Wildlife area as I said late, Sun was already up.
This spot is not ideal at all no where to hide our trucks and I was late.,Flat as a pancake but with chocolate chips cause ther are rocks all over.
Lee,Sam and I made our way to the best spot to call from and sat among the chocolate chips.
Started with female inv. on Foxpro then male howl did for a few mins. Switched to rabbit dis. played that for a couple mins then paused it for a min or so.
Back to howls and then around 11 mins on the caller I went from howls to coyote pup dis. and a min later here comes a coyote on a dead run out of a oak filled saddle.
The coyotes presance made the cows moo and it pushed them away and that caught Sams attn. he stood up and thats when he saw the incoming coyote. This time he didn't whine he just started shaking like I do and he didn't take his eyes off the yote.
Coyote came in at a run till about 225 give or take, It stopped broadside and I let him have it. The meat report and fur flying was a sure sign it was DRT.
Played pup dis for a few more nothing else showed amd that whole time Sam didn't take his eyes off the coyotes last location. I then let him loose and the hunt was on it took a bit but he did find it before I did and he gave it a good stern ruffing up.
Man thats still fun to watch he loves his job.
Took a video on my phone I gonna try to load of Sam hunting the coyote and I don't know how its gonna turn out but enjoy anyway.
008.jpg

007.jpg

[ame="http://s307.photobucket.com/albums/nn286/pakinwood/?action=view&current=006-1.mp4"]Hogback Rd 2012 video by pakinwood - Photobucket@@AMEPARAM@@file=http%3A%2F%2Fvid307.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fnn286%2Fpakinwood%2F006-1.mp4@@AMEPARAM@@file=http%3A%2F%2Fvid307.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fnn286%2Fpakinwood%2F006-1.mp4[/ame]

Till next time,

Sam,Lee and Frank

Click your mouse on the last pic it'll take you to the video you know the one above with the boot in it. Its not the best quality since it was done on my cell phone but I talk about whats Sam's roll is out there hunting with me I just wanted people to see what he does after the shot. I will eventually buy a video recorder and make a better video from start to finish of a hunt.

nothing sweeter than working the dog on a coyote nice job
So BPS and I got together again for another trip to Red Buff. I found some state held land on a map and called him cause he has the GPS card to pin point its location.
Late as usual I was but we made a run of it. Our 1st set had us in a big flat in the Tehama Wildlife area as I said late, Sun was already up.
This spot is not ideal at all no where to hide our trucks and I was late.,Flat as a pancake but with chocolate chips cause ther are rocks all over.
Lee,Sam and I made our way to the best spot to call from and sat among the chocolate chips.
Started with female inv. on Foxpro then male howl did for a few mins. Switched to rabbit dis. played that for a couple mins then paused it for a min or so.
Back to howls and then around 11 mins on the caller I went from howls to coyote pup dis. and a min later here comes a coyote on a dead run out of a oak filled saddle.
The coyotes presance made the cows moo and it pushed them away and that caught Sams attn. he stood up and thats when he saw the incoming coyote. This time he didn't whine he just started shaking like I do and he didn't take his eyes off the yote.
Coyote came in at a run till about 225 give or take, It stopped broadside and I let him have it. The meat report and fur flying was a sure sign it was DRT.
Played pup dis for a few more nothing else showed amd that whole time Sam didn't take his eyes off the coyotes last location. I then let him loose and the hunt was on it took a bit but he did find it before I did and he gave it a good stern ruffing up.
Man thats still fun to watch he loves his job.
Took a video on my phone I gonna try to load of Sam hunting the coyote and I don't know how its gonna turn out but enjoy anyway.
008.jpg

007.jpg

Till next time,

Sam,Lee and Frank

Click your mouse on the last pic it'll take you to the video you know the one above with the boot in it. Its not the best quality since it was done on my cell phone but I talk about whats Sam's roll is out there hunting with me I just wanted people to see what he does after the shot. I will eventually buy a video recorder and make a better video from start to finish of a hunt.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts