Just bought my 1st AR

AR platform is pretty broad, you need a caliber or bullet? 600 is asking a lot out of .223.

I have a 10 platform in .260 and it's one of my favorites for deer but I haven't had the opportunity to poke one at 600 yet. 130 ELDMS seem to work on everything for me. It's the most accurate of my ARs.

For .223 and .308 I've done a lot of work the vmax loaded to about max on both.

AR platform is pretty broad, you need a caliber or bullet? 600 is asking a lot out of .223.

I have a 10 platform in .260 and it's one of my favorites for deer but I haven't had the opportunity to poke one at 600 yet. 130 ELDMS seem to work on everything for me. It's the most accurate of my ARs.

For .223 and .308 I've done a lot of work the vmax loaded to about max on both.
Sorry! It's a 223/5.56.

I've shot a bolt gun in 223 out to 600 fairly easy. Is it too much to ask out of a gas gun?

Sorry! It's a 223/5.56.

I've shot a bolt gun in 223 out to 600 fairly easy. Is it too much to ask out of a gas gun?
Depends on the gas gun. My custom i put together myself with high end parts does it consistently to 600 and shoots sub MOA very consistently with my handloads and even prints a half MOA group now and then. A lot of off the shelf ARs are more like 1.5-2 MOA guns with off the shelf ammo.

To answer your original question, you'll want something in the heavier end. I've been shooting 75gr match kings lately. Accurate but not likely as deadly as the 53gr vMax I use as my predator loads.

What is the length of your barrel? I'm sure the are plenty of builds or purpose built AR 15's that will puta bullet in something out to 600, but my 16" SR556 is limited to 250 or so for me to feel comfortable that I will hit the varmint.

Sorry! It's a 223/5.56.

It's more a caliber than a platform thing IMHO. Guess it depends on the pest. My 77 grn custom comps have less than 350 ftlbs of energy left at 600 and pretty much anything will be on the low end of the velocity side for expansion. As someone else said a quality gun won't have any problems keeping just better than an MOA but they are harder to keep there than a bolt gun.

I would be a bit surprised if the 1:9 twist 16" barrel would adequately stabilize a 77 gr. I haven't tried it, but mine just loves 55 gr. pills. 69 gr. pills start to open up.
Sierra having the shorter end on per bullet weight can give a slower twist advantage over the longer bullets in the same weight. 9 for a 77 is on the margin side and most will not stabilize properly?

I have both 16" and 20 AR's and generally use 53 gr vmax in them with 1-9 twist. But reliable clean kills are around 400 yards. I've shot out to 480 yards on chucks but the clean kills became less reliable due to energy, not the bullet. It was pretty disheartening to me so I stopped shooting out that far with my 53 vmax load. I'm going to install a 1-7" twist and modify some mags to try 75 ELDM's to extent my range. Hitting stuff out to 800 yards with the 53 gr wasn't hard on windless days. The terminal energy is another matter. YMMV.