Join Len on his 2011 WY long range deer hunt

Hey Len,

I was just wondering if you were going to be at the Eastern Sports and Outdoor Show. I will be in the R.W. Hart & Son booth all week. Would be great to meet you there.

Tom Herren

Eastern Sports and Outdoor Show

Tom, not this year but say hi to Bobby. I am about to watch the new Best of the West video in wind reading. I'll watch for him in it.

Hi Len.
I have been hunting Eastern Montana for the last 3 years. They raised the non resident fee to over $900.
I and my hunting partner would be interested in joining you. How much are we talking$$$$$.
I look forward to hearing from you.

Brian

From a prior post written by John, the outfitter.
==================================

Mule Creek John
SPONSOR
Find Me on the Map
Re: Join Len on his 2011 WY long range deer hunt
Len,

We are looking forward to having you in camp this year.

Our deer hunts require a Region H deer tag. This tag is issued by drawing only and requires one preference point to draw as of last drawing. You can draw this tag with zero points if you pay a little extra for the special tag. The only thing "special" about this tag is that it costs about 200.00 more than the regular tag and less people put in for the drawing so the odds are much better at getting drawn. Elk hunts require a general tag and General Elk tags also take one preference point to draw in the regular draw and zero points in the special draw.

Our mule deer and elk hunts are $3600. (Ours will be a deer only hunt) We pack you in the day before your hunt and hunts are 5 days of hunting. You need to bring your clothes, sleeping bag, tags and weapon, we provide everything else. We also have pronghorn antelope hunts, moose, black bear and combo hunts with deer/ antelope or deer/elk.

Mule Deer season opens Sept 15 and runs through Oct. 7 We have 3 different elk units on our permit and have a couple of different opening dates. Rifle elk opens Sept. 26 in the Hoback and Oct. 15 in our other unit. Bulls are still bugling in the peak of the rut for the early elk season. Archery elk season runs the entire month of September. We may have deer, rifle or archery elk hunts in camp at the same time. We only have capacity for 6 2x1 guided hunters at a time. The mule deer tend to like the high country early in the season and the elk concentrate around the burn areas and lower meadowsat night and hold up in the dark timber during the day so we focus our hunts on different areas depending on what we are hunting. We can see elk any day where we are deer hunting and deer where we are elk hunting but we don't neccessarily hunt in the same areas.

Most of our hunters will take shots of 200-250 yards. Last year one elk hunter filled his tag at 150 yards, one deer hunter shot over 400 yards and I killed my elk at 39 yards(longbow archery) We will try to get you as close as you need to get to make a shot. Pronghorn antelope hunts will have more long range shot opportunities.

Quote:
This is Len

John asked me to clarify something. Above he is talking about the typical shooting distances of the average Joe Blow hunter that he takes on a hunt. There are many deer spotted that could have been taken by a proficient long range hunter, but that the Joe Blow hunter was not able to get close enough to.

Len,

Thanks for bringing that info to the top. We have room for 2 or 3 more hunters to join your hunt, Sept 20-26. We are in Texas hunting hogs and javelina this week and will be able to answer emails or phone calls only intermittantly for a few days.

John Berger

Hi John.
thanks for getting back to me.
Im afraid my hunting partner and I will not be able to afford the costs.
Im not saying you are too expensive but money is tight this year. Im sure you have a great hunting camp and it appears you have lots of critters.
Good hunting this year.
Brian

Hey Len,
Thanks for the heads up, however I'm feeling lucky in Arizona this year! I just put in for elk. I'm looking to draw around Flagstaff, I've done well around there in the past.
I'll put in for mulies up on the Strip. That is a fun hunt! I'm gonna beat that draw this year!
Thanks, good Luck,
John

Time is running out for putting in for a deer tag in Wyoming. The drawing application deadline is March 15 for Antelope and Mule deer. We still have a couple of openings for Mule Deer and Pronghorn Antelope for this year. Tags can be drawn with one preference point in the regular drawing and you have a good chance at drawing in the special draw without any points. Give me a call if you need help figuring out how to get your application in online and I can talk you through the process.

John Berger
Mule Creek Outfitting

www.mulecreekoutfitting.com

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.