John Deere D140 or Cub Cadet 1046 KW

C.O. Shooter

Gents

Between THESE TWO riding mowers, John Deere D140 or Cub Cadet 1046 KW, which would you pick and why? I'm not interested in any other mowers, not looking for anything else! I will be purchasing at a dealer, not home depot or lowes! John deere dealer is 45-50 min from me and the cub cadet is about 10 min! Any first hand experience with either?

We sell about 60 of the D140 type mower, it's a simple mower and if you take even reasonable care of it should treat you well. John Deere makes a mover service kit for most all mowers they sell so you get oil, filter, air filter, fuel filter and spark plug in one kit which makes it very convenient to keep services up.

I generally service the bigger JD stuff but if the CP tech gets behind or just needs some motivation I'll work on some mowers, I have no problems recommending them to family and friends!

I would get which ever one has the most grease fittings particularly on the blade spindles and the deck

What I tell anyone is to go with the machine that you can get parts and service for, here there are several other brands locally but we are the only ones that can provide after sales service and parts.

After wearing out my Walmart special my wife drove me to the John Deere dealership here in town. Wow I was treated extremely well, I thought heck I'm just getting a riding mower not a big tractor, they even gave me a nice customer card for whenever I need service. They delivered my D140 that someday after putting the mulching kit for free. Delivery guy looked at my medium sized hard and kinda laughed, I knew he was thinking the same as me, it could be cut with a push mower. I am super pleased with the quality so far and the nice CARD I received from the dealer several days later. Lowes and Home Depot don't send you thank soundcards.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts