JLKs

Jeff Heeg osoh

With the new production JLK bullets up and running again I picked up some of the 135 gr. JLKs I am planning on switching from the 139 gr Scenars to the new JLKs in my 260. It will be interesting seeing how much I will gain in accuracy and BC.

I know a bunch of folks from the area have been using them for some time now in their 6.5x47s with good success. Curious what others have to say when looking at the JLK options.

I am osoh
JH

Last edited:
What is the new webpage to purchase? I used them several years ago, then went to Berger, then Hornady. They were the best 223 80 grain bullet I have used. They made a real mess of a groundhog, and flew very well. I tried them in other calibers, but the 223 was the best for me, with 6.5x47 being second.

Just a little update for being a huge long time fan of the 139 grain Scenars I can say that the 135 grain JLK was a eye opener. As expected my speed increased but with that I am shooting faster and with a bullet that carries a much higher BC.

They really seriously preformed well out of he 260 and it was a great move from what the down range accuracy shows. We were able to get them out to 1811 yards in August testing accuracy and the BC, my BC is at 609 G1 in the Bartlein barrel with the 135s with a 1st and 2nd round impact on the 36"steel. We crossed referenced the elevation and wind corrections between the two in my Ballistics program using Cold Bore from Patagonia and the difference was a game changer.

For those that measure and or weigh their bullets the tolerances are extremely tight to nothing, I've never seen this tight of a variation other then some solids I use in the ELR rifle.

So yes I am very happy with the change.

Iamosoh

Last edited:
.609 G1 in a 135 is pretty darn good. I just wonder what velocity that is referenced to. I'm thinking I could push them to 3250 in my saum. Is the metplat pointed on them or just normal?

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.