Jeremiah Johnson or Quigley Down Under - Which Rifle did You Buy?

Muddyboots

26Reload got me to thinking about movies and impact on buying the rifle in them. I saw JJ when it first came out and bought a Hawkens .54 which I still have today. I came realll close to buying a Sharps after Quigley Down Under but never got to the final decision. So which movie and which rifle did you buy? Back in early 80's most of us bought TC kits to build and this is what I ended up with and still looks great and still shoots great with Hornady Great Plains conicals! Pics are nice!IMG_2763.JPG

Last edited:

26Reload

Well...didnt get me to buy either...but i eventually bought a 50cal knight ultra lite....and mold my own lead bullets for it...still haven't killed a baar with it.....

HARPERC

I did buy a muzzle loader. I wanted a black powder cartridge gun long before the movie. Never found the right deal. I think comparative impact goes to Jeremiah Johnson, an entire industry grew from that movie.

just_jon

LRH Team Member
I built a T/C Hawkins kit in 45 cal in 79 or 80. I still get it out for a walk or two during PA’s post-Christmas flintlock season.

FnSpr1akid

It is not the same but we picked up a C. Sharps built .45-70 on a 1885 winny action for dirt cheap... I put lee shaver sights on it and man.. Is it fun.

harps

Wanted to buy both , but my Grandpa gave me a Winny pre64 mod70 in 270 , my dad took the 270 away from me and gave me a Winny mod94 in 30/30 . Dang it i still want a Sharps and a Hawkins and ill take a Bowie knife to boot!

Trending threads