JARD Trigger System????

JOHNNIE WALKER

Anybody have any experience with JARD Trigger Systems? I'm considering replacing the trigger on my model 10 savage with one. I was going to get a Basix SAV 2, but my rifle has the bolt release in front of the trigger so that won't work. I'm needing to replace the whole trigger pack/assembly that's why I'm looking at the JARD.

You can buy different weight triggers from them. I am not sure if my friend evr got his put in his X Bolt or not. They are very adjustable from what I read. As for price it was a little more then a Timney but he could not find a Timneyand Jard would ship to him here in Canada.

Ok, so about a day after creating this post, I ordered the trigger. I really appreciate the responses. They were reassuring. The trigger was for a Savage 10 Predator Hunter Max 1 in 260 Rem. The factory accutrigger was shot. I've actually hated it since I got the rifle. Once I got the JARD trigger system out of the box I could tell that this was not a mass produced item. It felt like it was made from good metal. Everything felt tight and smooth. Installation on the action went quick and easy, and again it was easy to tell that this was well made. It fit tight. Everything was smooth. It was NOTHING like the factory trigger pack. The problem I ran into was when I tried to remount the stock. Something was holdIng the trigger back. When I would lower the bolt it would release the firing pin as the bolt went down. I swiped the wife's lipstick and found that some grinding had to be done on a part of the bolt release thats attached to the trigger guard. Once I got that opened up enough, everything went back together nicely. So it wasn't just a simple swap, but I'm still more than happy with it. This trigger feels really nice. I would recommend a JARD trigger to anyone.

Attachments

• EA4A357C-5E0A-44A9-A520-BCF270F3333B.jpeg
    EA4A357C-5E0A-44A9-A520-BCF270F3333B.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 262
I am glad that trigger worked for you. Some of my Timney's needed grinding here or there to work right too. I think that is normal practice with an after market trigger.

Frankly, I would not grind a trigger....There is only one reason to grind a trigger. Wrong design level.....which also means nothing else is guaranteed to match up right and be safe.

That said, if Jard could explain why I'm grinding, I might go for it with some controlled method like a file.

There was no grinding done to the trigger. The bolt release slide needed to have some material removed for the "aftermarket" trigger pack to fit. The safety of the firearm isn't affected. The bolt release is also not effected. Everything functions flawlessly. It's not uncommon for aftermarket items to need to be fitted. Usually this is due to wide tolerances found on mass produced items.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.