It Always Happens

SansSouci

When it gets close to opening day, I become as excited as a child on Christmas Eve. It's a time when I get active in forums like this one. I can't read enough about other hunters' successes. When hunters post photos of their bucks, my heart pumps with excitement.

Two weeks from yesterday will be opening day. It will find me full of anticipation and excitement. I'll be in a Southern Utah Rocky Mountain mule deer unit. However, I hope my expectations do not exceed reality. I know that there are huge bucks in the unit I'll be hunting. Whether mother nature cooperates is the unknown variable.

I'm going to a rifle range within the next few days. After my 2 .270 Wins are sighted in, I'll be gone for Utah. I hope to catch & release a bunch of cutthroat trout. After fishing for as many days as possible, I will head to my deer unit. I'm going to devote at least three days to scouting.

I won't sleep the night before opening day. Heck, I ain't been sleeping much lately. Not even counting wide rack 4 points helps me sleep.

I'm hoping that in 3 weeks, I'll be able to post a photo of a huge Rocky Mountain mule deer that fell to a 130 grain bullet.

Nothing like hunting excitement to cause sleep deprivation. But it is worth it in my book. Even my daughters get excited when this time of year rolls around. Elk and deer opened today ( north Idaho) and both girls are chompin and wanting to go. Good luck on your Utah hunt. I drive thru Utah quite abit and the state deffinetly has some Huge Muleys

Hi clemens,

The mark of a good man is hie performance as a father. My take is you're a great man. I know your kids will mature into successful adults.

I wish you complete success on your hunts this year.

Yes, Utah has excellent mule deer hunting. So does Idaho, especially in a southeastern unit.

I have a bunch of Utah mule deer bonus points. I want a shot at hunting the legendary Henrys. I'm not sure it'll happen.

Take care,

Sans

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.