ISO Guided Elk Hunt- Need Reccomendations on Outfitter

My dad and I are looking for a guided elk hunt, preferably in 2017 if it isn't too late. We are looking for an established outfitter with an excellent reputation. We are looking for a hunt on private land, with guarenteed/landowner tags. NM would be ideal but other states are ok. Looking for under 10k each price range but 6-8k each would be ideal

My father in law are using western outfitters in western Colorado this October. So far it has been a very good experience. We are doing the base camp 2 on 1 guided trophy elk hunt hopefully 1st week of rifle season.

I would do some research on the some of the larger ranches/outfitters near Quemado, NM in Unit 12, during the opening rifle week of Oct 1 - 5.....seek a reputable outfitter and a Ranch in excess of 10k acres with Rye fields and water and you should have a good chance at a Trophy Bull w/ high success rate. Prices for these types of ranches, fully guided/outfitted, is around $7500. Other private ranches to consider are in Unit 36 and 34. Gila is good too, but less private ranches.

Look at Kiowa Outfitters based out of Raton, NM (kiowahunting.com). I've hunted with them many times. The owner, Tim, is a former NM Fish & Game warden. Well run organization, good guides and puts you on game for multiple opportunities.

It's very pricey but you can rifle hunt the famous Express UU Bar Ranch in New Mexico during the rut the first week of October.

I've hunted there twice and have taken amazing bulls and quite frankly hunting during the rut is absolutely addicting.

Everything is first class at UU Bar from lodging to land to guides to food etc.. The prices are first class level as well.

It's not a hunt for everyone's budget but considering the ranch is 180,000 private acres and the herd is being managed by John Caid who created and managed the legendary White Mountain herd in AZ, it is one of the most beautiful and private lands I've ever hunted.

~Robert

I appreciate y'alls recommendations. We will do some calling soon. Hopefully it isn't too late to get a hunt for this fall, but I won't be able to get my schedule set up for atleast a couple of more months so it may have to be 2018. If anyone else has any, feel free to share!

You can try perry hunsaker at timberline outfitters. He's in a primitive weapons area, meaning muzzleloader or archery. I got a nice bull I can send you pictures of. Michael Waddell was there the week before and got a hoss with his bow, think it went 350"ish

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.