Guided elk hunt

NM allocates 6% of the draw bull tags for non-residents who are not guided. Unit 34 (which has some cronic wasting disease) had an either sex muzzleloader hunt this year, and lots of elk. Next year Game & Fish is threatening to not allow scopes on muzzleloaders, so if you're willing to shoot a scopeless smoke pole, you have a pretty good chance of getting drawn. I believe lots of NM hunters will not put in if they can't use scopes. Elk are easier to hunt than deer. They are bigger and easier to spot, and run in bigger herds. In October for the muzzleloader hunt they are often still bugling. Buy yourself a good Springbar or Kodiak tent and a catalytic heater and you can outfit yourself. If you get drawn in unit 13, 15,17, 5b, or 34, PM me and I'll tell you where to go. If you have OnX on your phone, it will tell you which ranches get unit wide permits. If they do, they have to allow access on their ranches. As far as packing them out, you have to be in shape, but you don't have to carry out the bones. Get in shape by carrying a pack full of sand or lead shot. Learn the gutless method. Usually in October, it is cool enough to leave the meat out overnight without spoilage. That gives you time to make 3 or 4 trips. I'm 69, and I can still pack out an elk by myself, but I work at staying in shape. You may be able to find locals with horses to pack out your elk.
There is no threatening of not allowing scopes on muzzleloaders. It is a fact NO scopes on a MZ beginning next year.

INFLATION....????
I mean that's probably part of it because operating costs for all agencies fed and state have gone up drastically. I know in my agency the cost of fuel this year alone blew our fleet budget by 30%.

I think the other part is simple supply and demand.

NM allocates 6% of the draw bull tags for non-residents who are not guided. Unit 34 (which has some cronic wasting disease) had an either sex muzzleloader hunt this year, and lots of elk. Next year Game & Fish is threatening to not allow scopes on muzzleloaders, so if you're willing to shoot a scopeless smoke pole, you have a pretty good chance of getting drawn. I believe lots of NM hunters will not put in if they can't use scopes. Elk are easier to hunt than deer. They are bigger and easier to spot, and run in bigger herds. In October for the muzzleloader hunt they are often still bugling. Buy yourself a good Springbar or Kodiak tent and a catalytic heater and you can outfit yourself. If you get drawn in unit 13, 15,17, 5b, or 34, PM me and I'll tell you where to go. If you have OnX on your phone, it will tell you which ranches get unit wide permits. If they do, they have to allow access on their ranches. As far as packing them out, you have to be in shape, but you don't have to carry out the bones. Get in shape by carrying a pack full of sand or lead shot. Learn the gutless method. Usually in October, it is cool enough to leave the meat out overnight without spoilage. That gives you time to make 3 or 4 trips. I'm 69, and I can still pack out an elk by myself, but I work at staying in shape. You may be able to find locals with horses to pack out your elk.
Your a good man offering information

Elkeater, an interim committee recommended the increase they cannot pass legislation. Even though nonresidents don't live here they can still contact our representatives and inform them of negative results from such an action. I would recommend action instead of gnashing of teeth approach.

Elkeater, an interim committee recommended the increase they cannot pass legislation. Even though nonresidents don't live here they can still contact our representatives and inform them of negative results from such an action. I would recommend action instead of gnashing of teeth approach.
I'm predicting that as nonresident hunters continue to be squeezed out of states like WY, etc. there will be class action suits filed with respect nonresident rights to access federally owned land BLM, National Parks, etc.) for hunting purposes.

There is no questioning yours and all Americans rights to access your lands to camp, hike or hunt. The perception that access to federal lands entitles one to a hunting license is not right and has already been decided by SCOTUS.

There is no questioning yours and all Americans rights to access your lands to camp, hike or hunt. The perception that access to federal lands entitles one to a hunting license is not right and has already been decided by SCOTUS.
Was not aware of this; thanks for sharing

At the risk of complete derailment of this thread I was under the impression the legislature had already passed the measure put forth by the committee. I'm probably wrong as usual.

A group of us from Georgia have been hunting DIY in Wyoming last 7 years. Antelope and Mule Deer. Talking to locals this October, a rancher told us that individuals with significant funding from out of state are steadily buying up the ranch land etc. He pointed around to the adjoining properties that had sold from ranchers to investors.