Is there a FL die that sizes down 6.5PRC to eliminate clickers?

Cookie114

I've got a good bit of ADG and hornady brass with 3-4x firings on them and I'm getting clickers after firing. Some are completely sticking in the chamber. I can shoot the exact loads in my 1x fired and get no clickers.

I've FL sized with Horndy and Rcbs dies but they just don't seem to size down close enough to the head of the case.

I've read about having the chamber opened up slightly but I'm not looking to fool with that. I'd just assume buy new brass once it starts sticking. If there is an different FL die option out there I'd be interested in that.

I've got a good bit of ADG and hornady brass with 3-4x firings on them and I'm getting clickers after firing. Some are completely sticking in the chamber. I can shoot the exact loads in my 1x fired and get no clickers.

I've FL sized with Horndy and Rcbs dies but they just don't seem to size down close enough to the head of the case.

I've read about having the chamber opened up slightly but I'm not looking to fool with that. I'd just assume buy new brass once it starts sticking. If there is an different FL die option out there I'd be interested in that.
@Alex Wheeler is the resident SME on PRC clicker.

I've been eying the 6.5 PRC for a bit. I'm not excited to keep reading about these "clicker" issues on the PRCs. Having to ream a factory chamber sounds silly to me. Guess my belted mags aren't so Fudd after all.

What kind of rifle?

I've been eying the 6.5 PRC for a bit. I'm not excited to keep reading about these "clicker" issues on the PRCs. Having to ream a factory chamber sounds silly to me. Guess my belted mags aren't so Fudd after all.

What kind of rifle?
Browning Xbolt.
I guess if you buy 200 pieces of new brass you would be fine for most of the barrel life on that rifle. I'm thinking I'll just buy some more new brass whenever my lapua starts clicking

Browning Xbolt.
I guess if you buy 200 pieces of new brass you would be fine for most of the barrel life on that rifle. I'm thinking I'll just buy some more new brass whenever my lapua starts clicking
I'm no expert here…simply throwing out conjecture. It's almost like resizing 556 or 762 brass fired from a machine gun. Some one needs to come up with a small base die?

Perhaps one of the custom dies listed above would work.

What kind of load are you running if you don't mind sharing? Perhaps backing off is the best route for your future brass?

After reading up on those listed I'm sure they will work for this issue. It's just the $300 it cost for one that sucks.

56g H1000, 210m and 156eol. That being said I played with light charges and I had to get all the way down close to starting charges to get rid of the click. I'll just shoot my 6.5Cm before I'd run the 6.5PRC at 6.5CM speeds.

The AW2 reamer fixed a 6.5 PRC I had issues with. Seems the ADG (Gunwerks) brass was more prone to it than Lapua though. Maybe thicker/harder at .200" line? Weighing the ADG vs. Lapua they were almost identical. Curious to see if I run into this now on a 6 PRC.