Is the 6.5 Creedmoor the best do it all cartridge ever

The Russians are probably behind some of the Creedmoor posts. Intentionally seeding dissent to gain ground for their preferred Finnish cartridge.
Finally! Media has been burying this story for years....aaaand...the Fins are as much to blame as the Ruskys.

On a serious note am I the only one getting sick of hearing about a cartridge that is no better than the 120 plus year old 6.5x55 Swede?

It's really simple, stick with what works for you - it boils down to personal choice. I too have a 6.5x55 Swede but I welcome new cartridge(s) to choose from. Life is all about choices. Nobody is forcing anybody to jump in. End-users has the ulitmate choice ... PERIOD ... and that's one great thing about America, we still have choices.

I don't mind threads on the subject as long as it remains objective. Oftentimes, it gets heated because some lacks the open-mindednessto have a civil discussion or learn something new, esp. when it has been beaten to death. One thing I learned early on here is that, there is always somebody that is more knowledgeable than I am with far more real world experience than I have and is always willing and able to help.

Cheers!

L:cool:L! Mine still brewing, coffee is slowly working its way. ;)

Yeah, I must apologize yet again. But is trolling what some may consider a trolling thread really trolling? Or do they cancel themselves out?o_O

So to get things back on (off) track:
I heard that the Applied Ballistics Team is scrapping the .375 Lethal Magnum and building a 36" barrel heavy match rifle in 6.5 Creed IMPROVED (it has the same ballistics as the .375), gonna slay the competition at the King of Two Miles this year. Apparently you can IMPROVE perfection. It puts the MORE in Creedmore. Don't let this get out though, we'll name it code name Greed-More...:D

It's really simple, stick with what works for you - it boils down to personal choice. I too have a 6.5x55 Swede but I welcome new cartridge(s) to choose from. Life is all about choices. Nobody is forcing anybody to jump in. End-users has the ulitmate choice ... PERIOD ... and that's one great thing about America, we still have choices.

I don't mind threads on the subject as long as it remains objective. Oftentimes, it gets heated because some lacks the open-mindednessto have a civil discussion or learn something new, esp. when it has been beaten to death. One thing I learned early on here is that, there is always somebody that is more knowledgeable than I am with far more real world experience than I have and is always willing and able to help.

Cheers!
I'm all about new stuff. My problem is some of the bs that people spew out of their mouths. Lately it seems most of the bs is coming from Creedmoor guys. Hell I had a guy tell me and he was dead serious that his Creedmoor could out run my 264 win mag. Asked him why he said because of science and ballistics. Said he's been in the industry for a while. Do some of these guys know how stupid they really sound?

I'm all about new stuff. My problem is some of the bs that people spew out of their mouths. Lately it seems most of the bs is coming from Creedmoor guys. Hell I had a guy tell me and he was dead serious that his Creedmoor could out run my 264 win mag. Asked him why he said because of science and ballistics. Said he's been in the industry for a while. Do some of these guys know how stupid they really sound?

As long as you are able to decipher the BS part, you should be OK. I met a friend of a friend claiming he's been shooting coyotes with his 6.5 CM at 1100 yards. Whe I asked what kind of rangefinder he's been using, he said he does not own one ... I just smiled and moved on.

I take the time to learn about the posters here and keep a short list of LRH members with outstanding credibility and add as new ones come along. Having said that, I have also added 2 in my ignore list since 2008. :D

Lee,
I agree with Feenix, read between the lines too. What your acquaintance was saying is true...load that smaller case with a 95 grain v-max to about 3400 fps and compare it to your standard .264 WinMag load, bet it's faster.
See what he just did, it's called winning.

Lee,
I agree with Feenix, read between the lines too. What your acquaintance was saying is true...load that smaller case with a 95 grain v-max to about 3400 fps and compare it to your standard .264 WinMag load, bet it's faster.
See what he just did, it's called winning.
No he was talking 140s. Been down that 95 grain v max road with my old 264. 3820fps but I'm sure a Creedmoor can match that too

WNUS_16-50_mk7_shell-parts_pic.jpg
the way this creedmoor thing is going, you would think the thing was a 16''/50 battleship gun.

the way this creedmoor thing is going, you would think the thing was a 16''/50 battleship gun.
Without all the red tape of a destructive device permit.

Disclaimer: To all the Creedmore fans out there, I'm just playing around. I catch slack for being a fan of .338's.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.