Is prvi partizan 22 hornet 45 gr ammo any good????

bluedog69

Like the thread title says is the Prvi Partizan 22 hornet ammo any good?

Also why is there no 22 hornet ammo or brass available?

Yes, its very good ammo. Because the hornet is a very old cartridge, and isn't chambered in many new builds. Its a excellent cartridge in single shot rifles and hand guns at moderate ranges. It isn't worth the effort for ammunition makers to devote equipment to make ammo that might set on shelves for a while, or not he ordered at all.

Yes, its very good ammo. Because the hornet is a very old cartridge, and isn't chambered in many new builds. Its a excellent cartridge in single shot rifles and hand guns at moderate ranges. It isn't worth the effort for ammunition makers to devote equipment to make ammo that might set on shelves for a while, or not he ordered at all.
Thanks! We just bought these two CZ hornets in 22 and 17 about 3 years ago. At that time there were several brands and grains available. Like everything else it has disappeared.
Frustrating!!! Both of these guns are super shooters!

Thanks! We just bought these two CZ hornets in 22 and 17 about 3 years ago. At that time there were several brands and grains available. Like everything else it has disappeared.
Be glad you can get it. I shoot PPU in a few rifles. Like their ammo myself. Their prices have gone up just as everything else.

Buy as much of the PPU ammo you can afford. The brass can be converted into17 Hornet.

Buy as much of the PPU ammo you can afford. The brass can be converted into17 Hornet.
That is good to know. I just ordered some of the 22 hornet. I also ordered some Hornady 17 hornet also. With what we have and what I ordered we will have about 250 brass to work with. Hopefully with mild loads and being careful that will last many rounds.

I've got a 60 or 70 year old Savage Hornet that still shoots little groups. You're not gonna hurt your CZ's but reloading for them is sure the way to go. PPU does sell their brass and it's not too expensive. Powder Valley and Graf's both sell it when they can get it. I bought 6 or 8 bags of it last winter or early spring. Just have to keep checking, they'll get some. Enjoy !