Irresponsible bullet manufacturers

When I started reloading over thirty years ago it was standard practice to buy the reloading manual for each bullet manufacturer you wanted to use. So I have reloading manuals for all the bullet I use and some that I don't use. In addition to all those I have reloading manuals and books from authors outside of the bullet manufacturers. It's only during the internet age that SOME manufacturers put out free reloading data. Even then they have reloading manuals to purchase.The manuals have information on how to reload too. Well worth the price of the manual.

It burns my butt that if I spend my money to buy bullets from a bullet company that their answer to a data question is " well you need to spend more money and buy my data " Hornaday for example I've got some 123 amax bullets and i need some 6.5 prc data sent them a email to see about load data I even sent them a powder list and their was we'll sell it to ya that just ****es me off. Sorry for the vent and I know there are bullet companies that freely give you their data and I applaud them for doing so Barnes and Berger will amongst others
I'm very new here but get what OP is saying. I bought hornady 10th edition when came out, anlong with few previous editions only to find out I had to get hornady app only to then find out I had to buy what data I wanted for a $1 cartridge. That is BS IMO, ived used/loaded hornady bullets for over 20yrs but no more. I prefer Speer, sierra, nosler etc anyway

I'm very new here but get what OP is saying. I bought hornady 10th edition when came out, anlong with few previous editions only to find out I had to get hornady app only to then find out I had to buy what data I wanted for a $1 cartridge. That is BS IMO, ived used/loaded hornady bullets for over 20yrs but no more. I prefer Speer, sierra, nosler etc anyway

Try this instead.

The app gives you three options, buy each cartridge for a dollar, buy the whole book for $20, or pay $20 per year to get all the newest data instantly when it is released. That's what I do and I believe they sent me the hard copy of the 11th manual for free when it was released.

Considering it probably costs them several thousand dollars to develop the data for each of the bullet weights per cartridge $20 bucks for the book of hundreds of cartridges is pretty dang cheap.

When I started reloading over thirty years ago it was standard practice to buy the reloading manual for each bullet manufacturer you wanted to use. So I have reloading manuals for all the bullet I use and some that I don't use. In addition to all those I have reloading manuals and books from authors outside of the bullet manufacturers. It's only during the internet age that SOME manufacturers put out free reloading data. Even then they have reloading manuals to purchase.The manuals have information on how to reload too. Well worth the price of the manual.
This!

Try this instead.

The app gives you three options, buy each cartridge for a dollar, buy the whole book for $20, or pay $20 per year to get all the newest data instantly when it is released. That's what I do and I believe they sent me the hard copy of the 11th manual for free when it was released.

Considering it probably costs them several thousand dollars to develop the data for each of the bullet weights per cartridge $20 bucks for the book of hundreds of cartridges is pretty dang cheap.
I use hodgsdon data first 99% anyway just interested in eld velocities from hornady. Just rubbed me wrong Hornady is nickel and diming their data withholding data from book to sell online. I understand it's huge expense to them testing all those powders/manpower etc.

Then it shouldn't be an issue to pay for their load data. Show of hands how many here would rather not receive any pay for the work they've done.
I did pay for their data and it should've been in th book I bought like it has been for yrs and yrs. They withheld data to sell online. That's BS business. If you wanna pay extra for their withheld data go right ahead. I won't. I been doing this for **** near 30yrs too.

I did pay for their data and it should've been in th book I bought like it has been for yrs and yrs. They withheld data to sell online. That's BS business. If you wanna pay extra for their withheld data go right ahead. I won't. I been doing this for **** near 30yrs too.
You previously noted you have their 10th ed. I also have the same edition. If it is not on the reloading manual, it means whatever you were looking for was not captured before the publication. Their latest is the 11th ed. As much as I like the newest edition, I did not buy it because the 10th ed has everything I need, at least for now. 🤣

Hornady 10th ed.jpg

1700061908955.png

Recent Posts