iPod Saves Soldiers Life - Really

I see soldiers have not changed much in 35 years. Still more intersted in listening to their music than for the sound of an AK bolt falling home.

You would not believe that out in the boondocks a soldier would pull out a transistor radio at night on ambush duty and listen to it rather than listen for the enemy coming down the trail. I was just Mr Popularity for banning transistor radios.

A friend of mine was running a night patrol up on the DMZ when he heard an AK 47 bolt dry cycle. He won the ensueing firefight with no casulties because he got his men to cover before they opened fire.

I'm with you buffalobob

Granted , I'm glad the boy is alive but he needs his *** chewed for not paying attention. Its one thing to put your life at risk due to ignorance but things like that put his whole crew at risk. In the situation that these guys are in they need to be on their toes the ENTIRE time they are on patrol , the problem is that these guys have been over their for to long and they seem to be getting complacent in their work and that will get you killed P.D.Q. , I knew two **** good police officers that got lax in their judgement and it cost them their life.

Its not the time or place for this discussion but I think that the US needs to pull back and evaluate the situation over their , our soldiers are just that , their not police and thats the job they are doing.

I might have missed it, but it was just in his pocket; I didn't read where he was listening to it while on duty??

If I missed it, let me know.

Don

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.