IOR 9-36x56 Tactical

i was really looking at a 4.5x14x50 m4 tactical for a .30-06AI,also ior,xotic.nikon.etc..4.5x14's. but for the same $$$ the leupold 6.5x20x50 30mm lrt ,which is extremely popular for 1000yd br http://www.bearbasin.com/ which i think is a little overboard.will likely ride on top soon.it has only 2 feet less FOV at 100 yds at most,for in the woods. just a thought.

[ QUOTE ]
leupold 6.5x20x50 30mm lrt ,which is extremely popular for 1000yd br http://www.bearbasin.com/ which i think is a little overboard.will likely ride on top soon.it has only 2 feet less FOV at 100 yds at most,for in the woods. just a thought.

[/ QUOTE ]

Definitly overboard if your in the trees. No trees where I am. Strictly open spaces "Tundra". That's why I was wondering for my caliber where the limit "scope wise" would be to much.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Inukshuk,

It really depends on your target and the ranges you will be shooting. Obviously on the tundra there is potential for some lengthy pokes.

TO be honest, for game in the 300-400 lb range, that would really be far more glass then you really needed unless you were shooting past the 800 yard mark which the '06 is certainly able to do in an accurate rifle.

Question is what is the range that the vast majority of your shots will be at? I have used 15x to snipe chucks at +1000 yards. Getting a quality shot on a deer size animal at this range with the same 15x is very easy.

If your looking to hunt at 800 yards and less, I would say for the money, get into something a bit less bulky for your '06. The quality is certainly there but I am not sure you need to put that much into a scope for the rifle you are using.

That said, I personally feel, as long as the magnification power does not adversly effect you shooting the rifle, there is no such thing as being over scoped, but to be honest, it would be easy to spend 2/3rd the price of the big IOR and get a scope that would easily perform to your highest expectations.

If you want a very top end scope I would look at the 3.5-15 50mm NXS nightforce or the 5.5-22 50mm model. About the same money but will fit your rifle much better with the ability to mount the 50mm much lower then the 56 mm.

Good Shooting!!

Kirby Allen(50)

The scope is total JUNK! I had 3, yes, 3 in a row that didn't cut it. The lens all had debris w/in the reticle. They are total Junk, don't walk, run away!

Hey Rabbit,

Can you tell me more about what your problem was with the 9-36? Was it just dust inside the scope, or was there other problems? If you already haven't, I hope you contact Valdada about your problems. For that kind of money, that scope should be flawless.

Thanks

daddyrabbit,
tell us more. I thought you were big on them a while back? I might have you confused though.

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts