Interested in the sherman short

IndianaMatt

I am very interested in the Sherman Short Mag stuff. I have very limited reloading experience and the idea of a wildcat intimidates me. Fireforming also seems very time consuming. Am I making to big of a deal about this or are my concerns valid?

I have also considered the SST stuff because the 30 degree shoulder wouldn't require fireforming.

So tell me with my little time and little experience should I stay with a standard cartridge or go with the Sherman?

Thanks
Matt

Not much to fire forming. Good way to season a barrel and get comfortable behind your rifle. Load a bullet like you would any cartridge and go pull the trigger.

A 6.5 Sherman short mag, was my first wildcat. I got before the brass was available from ADG. It was a fun process, and a bit intimidating, but not that bad. I did have a fair bit of reloading experience though.
I say do your research, then jump on in.
Rich will answer your questions/ get you started, or the rest of us on here will.
Fire forming really isn't a big deal as stated above.

Well I got stuck in the interwebs this morning and the 25 SST is very intriguing.

I reached out to Blackjack and asked a few questions.

I grew up shooting a 25-06 of my grandfathers. So I'm a little attached to the 25. As long as the Blackjack bullet will work as a hunting bullet it would be an interesting hunting rifle.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.