Information on Savage M110V?

Discussion in 'Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics' started by 1357MAG, Dec 18, 2009.

1. 1357MAG

1357MAG Well-Known Member

I had bought a Savage model 110V in 223 Rem. a few years back, and am looking for some info. on it. I was told that this piece was manufactured in the mid 80s for just a few short years chambered in 223 Rem. Most chamberings are in 22-250. I mounted a Nikon Monarch 4-12x42 w/ BDC reticle on it shortly after I purchased it, then ran Tubbs Final Finish bullets through it. All I can say is that it is amazingly accurate, shooting around .315" groups at 100 yards.
    I just wish I could find a bit more information on manufacture dates, etc. Additionally, the stock is unique as well, having a oversized palm swell, and almost full length stippling. Photos are provided on www.varmintxt.webs.com thanks to fellow member, bowhunthard.
    If anyone has any information on this gun, I would appreciate it. Thanks in advance.

2. MachV

MachV Well-Known Member

Savage made a lot of 112 J actions back in about that time frame....Just cant remember if the 110Vs where right before or after the J action? At any rate they where great shooting guns WAY ahead of their time and every bit as good as a 40x IMHO. I think you can add 243 and 308 to the list of calibars too? In most cases little to no collector intrest as these where all pickt up cheaper than I can buy a target action for, Gotta luv that big palm swell though :cool:

[​IMG]

3. johnnyk

johnnyk Well-Known Member

I bought a 110 J Series in .308 Win. back in 95-96 timeframe. I got it from buddy in N.C. and it had a stock almost identical to yours, with the palm swell and full length stippling. It had a 24" heavy barrel and shot very well. I sold it to another buddy who has since moved back to California and I'm not sure where that rifle is now. JohnnyK.

4. 1357MAG

1357MAG Well-Known Member

Nice pieces MachV. I'll have to get some pics and add them to this post. I couldn't have asked for more from this rifle being that I only payed $175 for it. She shoots great. My next caliber is 25-06. Numrich Gun Parts has a barrel for my Rem. M-700 action for $68 bucks. It was pulled from another gun.

JohnnyK, you should have kept that 308 man! I am truly a Remington 700 action man, but this Savage has made a lot of stiff woodchucks in the past few years!