In the Ear? Really???

....that old Stevie Ray Vaughn song is sure ringing in my ears for some reason down here. The Blanco River north of San Antonio rose from 5ft to over 40ft in a few hours and Austin broke a rainfall record that was set before 1890. Dams being breached up in the Hill Country this evening.
Wonder if all that rain will wash some Hogs down this way so I can pick them off?!!!

....that old Stevie Ray Vaughn song is sure ringing in my ears for some reason down here. The Blanco River north of San Antonio rose from 5ft to over 40ft in a few hours and Austin broke a rainfall record that was set before 1890. Dams being breached up in the Hill Country this evening.
Wonder if all that rain will wash some Hogs down this way so I can pick them off?!!!

Galveston, if it does wash them down, does it mean you won't have to clean em?

Good to hear from you, was starting to think I needed to change my mouthwash...:)

No one else has checked in for a while except Coy and he hangs out with djones, so can't really count on him as having good judgement.

Got lots to do, be back tomorrow.

Packrat

Packrat.gif

i am wet. that is all...

WHOAA!....Our illustrious founder appears by magic out of the thin, well somewhat sodden, air! HEY EVERYBODY, this is djones, the founder of this thread! Speaking of Founder, isn't that something a Horse does when pushed too hard?...Oh well, probably better hadn't go there.!

Apparently, when he converted that Chicken coop he didn't do as well on the roof as he should have. Great training for building a boat......:rolleyes:

Hey djones, how'd you get wet?...Hunting?...Repairing the roof?.....Building a boat?....or did you just get caught up in that old saying about coming in out of the rain? Guess I'd better drop that line too, he has gotten kind of sensitive about reflections on his intelligence.

Are you going to stay around for a while?....Maybe put a little input into the thread?....Give us the honor and benefit of your years of experience relating to just about anything more complicated than closing the Velcro fasteners on your jacket?....:D

Anyway, welcome back!

Packrat

Packrat.gif

Hey people,

I want to reiterate that if you are interested in Tax Liens, you need to learn about YOUR OWN state's Tax Lien process. The only one's I'm familiar with are Arizona and a little bit about Texas and Michigan since I have relatives there that wanted me to invest for them.

You also need to know how to do your homework on property you may be interested in investing in! There are some potential pitfalls, but if you do it right, then you stand a lot less chance of ending up with a piece of property that needs old leaking gasoline tanks removed before the property can be developed or has 8 other non-tax liens against it.

That's why I posted the site that can teach you about them! The only reason i got involved is that the bank paying me .065% interest irritated me and I was was looking for options.

The fact that I've done very well by them has to do with following the steps, just like anything else!

NO, I DO NOT get a commission for sending you there, but if I had thought about it first,,,,Well, might have been different!.....:D

Packrat

i am wet. that is all...

What is with these one line comments?..Broken fingers, water on the brain, or what?

Next we'll be getting:

I am Hungry, that is all!

I have to use the toilet, that is all!

I am h*rny, going down to the barn!

I know that because of the rain, the Hogs aren't out and it's almost impossible to hunt them in that kind of weather, but don't you have any hobbies that you can talk about.....and before you get there, chasing the old lady around the table is not a hobby, it's a preoccupation!

Actually if you can find something really smelly to attract the hogs, even another dead hog, most of their regular food sources are knocked out and you can get a little hunting in and the rain does cover a lot of the sounds that spook them allowing you to get closer. Worked once for us, but we knew where they were and planted the bait upwind. Fermented corn (3 days soaking) and Raspberry Jello or Kool-aid did it.

For anyone looking for something to do, go online and get one of the Texas News Channels....It's an eye opener as far as flooding...

Coy, if you're a mile from the road, that should put you pretty close to the river. Are you having any problems?

If you need them, I have a couple of extra 5 gallon buckets I can send you to bail with!...........:)

Packrat

Packrat.gif

Heading out today for my Pre-op review for surgery on my left eye on the 5th. Sure hope nothing delays it. Have been getting some conflicts between my good eye (Right) and my uncorrected eye.

Somewhat disappointed with the first surgery. I used to be able to cont the hairs on a deer's tail at 1/2 mile. Now, even after surgery, can barely count the flies on it's tail! Severe disappointment, but much, much better than it was.

I'm not the man I remember, and am not sure I ever was!...Quote "djones", 2014.....so true, djones, I'm not sure you ever were either!

Have a good one and all you Texans, make sure you wear your hip waders when going to the outhouse......More rain projected for this week. This is what is called a plethora of plenty.

BBL

Packrat

Packrat.gif

gud luk. that is all...

Well, Gud luk didn't happen, but thanks for the thought. The Doctor told me that my eyes were in the beginning stages of Conjunctivitis or something similar and gave me some eye drops and rescheduled the Surgery until June 12 with another Pre-op scheduled for the 4th of June. Supposedly the eye drops will have it under control by then.

****, when it comes to Conjunctivitis, it looks like the eyes have it!....

OK, so it w as a bad pun, but had to say something to cheer myself up. Didn't really help!

Packrat

djones,

I probably shouldn't ask, but how come you have all these pictures of guys in bed? And out of curiosity did you ever figure out how to get that purple thing on, whatever it is? If you don't mind, i'll just take your word for it. Don't need any pictures of you wearing it.

Guess I'm not up to par tonight, your pictures are just too subtle for me. Happens that way about every 10 years or so when I have a full plate and don't concentrate on what is being implied.

As far as your quote about the bear from Coy, I posted this sign somewhere else on LRH, but it seems fairly appropriate.

Bear Warning.jpg
Click to enlarge

Be back tomorrow when not so tired.

Packrat

Packrat.gif

Last edited:
you know, with all that rain you're having, it may be a good time to go fishing instead of Hg hunting. speaking of fishing.....

In our family it was a tradition that when a boy turned 16 and got his work permit, for his 16th Birthday they received a set of Carpenters Saddlebags, a 20' tape measure, a tri-square and a 22 oz framing hammer and from then on all summers would be spent framing houses for my dad or otherwise be sub'd out to one of the other construction trades and at the end of summer, we would buy all of our own School Clothes. Being the oldest of 5 boys, I got the somewhat dubious honor of starting at age 14 and worked summers all through High School. We would be paid 3rd period Apprentice Carpenters wages which was somewhere around $3.25 an hour. A journeyman Carpenter only made about $5.50 and hour back then so the wages were fair. During the School year, if we wanted to make some extra money, Dad would let us nail off roofs or 2nd floor decking on the weekends and would set the price. After he inspected it, we'd get paid the agreed on price.

At the end of summer, and usually before School started, Dad would charter a fishing boat for a 3 day fishing trip and the entire crew that wanted to go would go deep sea Fishing. My last summer working for him, we had a young lady that was going to college. working her way through it on her own, and somehow enrolled in the Carpenters Apprenticeship program framing right alongside of us, which was very, very unusual, first off because not many girls enrolled in construction trades courses and second because even when enrolled, not many contractors would hire them, thinking they couldn't keep up with the guys. She pretty much proved them wrong and besides was a good looking young lady with a nice build.

Anyway, my last summer, when the fishing trip came around, she decided that she wanted to go fishing with the rest of us which caused some concern by my Mom and several other women, but finally agreed to let her go if she got her own cabin instead of hot bunking with the rest of us. The first day out we ran down to Dana Point, CA to Box Canyon, off the coast and were fishing for Black or White Sea Bass in the kelp beds. The second day, having run out overnight to the far side of Catalina Island trying for Yellow Tail Tuna, which we limited out on and then headed back to somewhere off the bluffs south of Corona Del Mar, Ca and caught a slew of bottom fish. then about 2:00 in the afternoon headed back into Newport Beach where we had started.

Every guy in the crew walked off that boat with about 30# of various iced filet's. The young female carpenter? Well, I never saw her fishing, not once, but i know for a fact that she went home with a Red Snapper!

Packrat

Packrat.gif

My brother sent me one of his monthly missives and for some reason, he seemed to concentrate on Lawyers this time around. I particularly liked the following, at least initially:

A truck driver used to amuse himself by running over lawyers he saw walking down the side of the road. Every time he saw a lawyer walking along the road, he swerved to hit him and there would be a loud "THUMP". Then he would swerve back on the road.

One day, as the truck driver was driving along the road he saw a priest hitchhiking. He thought he would do a good deed and pulled the truck over.
"Where are you going, Father?" The truck driver asked.
I'm going to the church 5 miles down the road," replied the priest.
No problem, Father! I'll give you a lift. Climb in the truck." The happy priest climbed into the passenger seat and the truck driver continued down the road. Suddenly, the truck driver saw a lawyer walking down the road.

Instinctively he swerved to hit him. At the last moment he remembered there was a priest in the truck with him, so he swerved back to the road and narrowly missed the lawyer.
Certain he should've missed the lawyer, the truck driver was very surprised and immediately uneasy when he heard a loud "THUMP". He felt really guilty about his actions and so turned to the priest and said, "I'm really sorry Father. I almost hit that lawyer."
"That's okay," replied the priest. "I got him with the door."

Now while my initial impression is that it is somewhat funny, after I had read it a couple of times, I realized that there were inherent problems with the joke.

First of all, what kind of Lawyer would be walking....Yep, walking alongside of the road....Much more likely that they would be carried on a litter, supported by 4 beefy men, one at each corner and trotting along in matched cadence to minimize the disruption to the occupant, while the lawyer in question would be inside mentally masturbating himself about how great he was to be selected one of the chosen few. Walking?, I don't think so!

Then there is the problem of the trucker running them down. Every trucker I know would have more respect for his truck than getting a mess of crap like that smeared on his vehicle.

Thirdly, but not least, the animosity between Priests and Lawyers has been severely overstated in the last few years. one of the problems is that when a Lawyer goes to confession, they always want to bring their lawyers with them into the confessional!

Well, anyway, hope you enjoyed it!

Packrat

Packrat.gif

For those of you logging onto this thread still looking for an intellectual discussion, well sorry, this is about as good as it gets until djones finally wades out of the outhouse and contributes something to the discussion or posts some pictures. Even if they are just flood pictures.

Hey that's an idea, how about it Coy and Djones, or any other Texans checking in. How about some pictures of the flooding or rain damage in your areas!

Packrat

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.