In the Ear? Really???

i've opened up my own site and people will have to purchase a subscription to see my hog pics now. pm me and i'll give you a 30 second free trial. it's the least i can do. take care old soldier.

Cruisin through Texas on i20 this mornin and kinda disappointed. ...no pigs splattered on the road. ...eastbound to Denton

so there was a LRH member who went to get his hair cut. he had some ear buds in his ears, the barber asked him to take them out, to which he replied, OK but only for a minuet, then I need to put them back in.

the barber took the ear buds out and began cutting his hair. after about 1 minuet, the LRH member became purple, another minuet later, he turned blue. after a third minuet he fell out of his chair and began having a seizure.

after calling 911, the barber started cpr with another guy in there and a third who was a curious onlooker, picked up the ear buds and listed to in. what he heard was " breathe in......ok now breathe out.......breathe in.......ok now breathe out....":D

Snox
Go back a couple of pages and you'll see that I voluntarily dropped out of this thread because viewers wouldn't input into the thread and it ended up as a almost monologue on my part. djones, would input whenever he was available or could, but he cannot hunt 24/7 and has another life including a family and full time job to do, which left large gaps in the thread which I tried to fill with extraneous stories and derogatory remarks and kidding of djones efforts. Fortunately, he didn't take them as personal attacks.

While I have a lot of stories I could tell, posting without input back was sort of like talking into an empty 55 gallon drum, and I personally, never knew for sure if I was on the right track or not. All that was coming back on my part was echo's and Mr. Jones would post and there was absolutely no input from the majority of the viewers. It seemed to tell us the reason people weren't posting was that because of the way djones and I interacted, they were intimidated by our, not quite, attacks at each other, all meant to be in fun.

With a total of over 19,000 views, there were exactly 7 members that posted to the site during the entire life of the thread. Some like Coy Franks and Brewer posted multiple times, but again, they have lives to lead and couldn't keep up, whereas as a retiree, I have all day to review in my mind what to post or distort from djones posts. We (I) kind of expected other pictures of hogs, yotes, etc, or comments aside from mine and several regulars, about the hogs shown, but it just didn't happen!

Even since we stopped posting, there have only been 2 new member postings, (Brewer is excluded as a regular) yours and codyjoes, so apparently no one seems to really care that we stopped posting on this Thread. Oh well! No one even requested that djones post pictures of those massive long range hogs he got on his last trip per his request on the previous page!

No matter what you do, everyone needs some kind of feedback to tell if they are on the right track or not. We do what we do because we enjoy it, but there is nothing that says we have to share it with the public at large. I will continue to write and djones will continue to hunt, and we are content in that, by and in itself.

Will see what happens.

Packrat

Dear abby,

i'm being picked on at LRH. i voted for obama but am too embarrassed to admit it. my *** is too fat and djones is my best friend and even he doesn't like me that much.

any advice?
packrat

Can you even imagine it?....18 Hogs on the last hunt...5 over 500 lbs and btween ranges of 600 to 1100 yds, an no one even asked to see the pictures!

Thankfully I got a preview!

Packrat

Packrat.gif

Seems like I got it right then. I was hoping I was reading the threads right. Ya its tuff to keep up on the site with all the crazy life's. I will be posting soon but we are in the middle of a snow Strom I have about a six foot drift in my driveway right now. I'll have to try and get them to email me some.

Hey snox801,

Better you than me if your are getting that much snow!

Packrat,

I've been super busy weaning calves and haven't been on the puter much if at all. During the weekend my grandkids did not get any hogs but one of my sons got up at about 2:00AM and shot two in my hay bales. I have lost about ten bales in one night so far. He gut shot one, which I prefer to do, so they will run to the river to die and you don't have to drag them off.

I enjoy you stories and the banter with djones. I too wish djones could hunt 24/7 because I enjoy seeing dead hogs.

Coy,
Good to hear from you, wondered what happened to you. If you are raising cows, got a story about a big, pedigreed bull that lives next door to the ranch down south, I think you'll enjoy. Curious though, why do the hogs raid the hay bales? And what kind of cows?..Dairy? Beef?

I was raised semi-rural, but along the California coast back in the 40's and 50's so totally different environment. We raised a few beef steers after Dad got promoted, and boarded and rode horses, but no hogs. Can't figure out why them Hogs would want to tear apart your hay bales????? Nothing to eat in there! Unless it's a different kind of hay from what I'm used to. Used to feed the Horses a flake or so of Alfalfa, but not hay. Maybe just different terminology.

Too bad the kids didn't get any more hogs, but maybe next time. Anyway, djones is in a snit right now and if I had to guess, he's probably putting together a picture of 18 hogs, with 5 big ones, in photo slop since I put him on the spot! Well, at least I hope I did!........:D

Anyway, stay in touch and will watch for your answers.

Packrat

Packrat.gif

If I can figure out how to pack my wsm in the semi (i do on occasion end up at military bases and they really dislike a gun in a semi, especially a big one) I'm gunna need all of your addresses and the closest place I can get with this

ForumRunner_20150214_074509.png

Meet the life that keeps me from posting very much. ...

ForumRunner_20150214_074536.png

I may not get to post much but I spend 11 hours every day huntin the entire nation at 60 to 65 mph....so far I've done 1,000,000 miles worth of it as of last Saturday comin into Ely Nv.

ForumRunner_20150214_074850.png
No I haven't owned the truck since it was new but I've kept very close track of the miles I've drove and when I bought this one in June of 2010 it and I both had 450,000......

I'm a 29 year old owner operator which is a very rare endangered species in this day and age. Once the conceal carry reciprocity gets passed for over the road truckers you can bet your 6 I'll have an Ar 10 strapped to the passenger seat and a m&p 40 under the dash. ...

Until then I am always available as a hired trigger finger when I'm passing through if you have an extra gun....

Go to www.fordtruckfanattics.com find the truck driver check in thread and find Bigred911 or if you have Facebook find me there to follow my journeys and keep up with where I'm at. ........

Can you even imagine it?....18 Hogs on the last hunt...5 over 500 lbs and btween ranges of 600 to 1100 yds, an no one even asked to see the pictures!

Thankfully I got a preview!

Packrat

View attachment 44623

not sure how you got it (paparazzi?), but thanks for sending me the preview. i didn't even know anyone took a picture or i would have posed.

pile_zpsoyq1jngu.jpg

Jscrapmetal...Great, keep them pictures coming! No pictures? Check in anyway!

codyjoe: Get down around Tucson, be glad to meet you at TTT truckstop just East of Tucson if you have the time. Coffee's on me!

snox: I'm around, just kind of laid off slightly for a while. Lasted til I started getting withdrawals then had to come back!

djones:
Now those are some nice hogs, all except the one in the back in the camo jacket! Course if you put a stick in your mouth, would blend right in! Where is the rest of them I know you got them cause you wouldn't lie about something like that....:D, would you?

Getting a lot better with Photo slop, but have checked it out and either you are actually sitting there or have finessed you photo's much better than usual. Only thing that makes me suspicious of the photo is the straw sticking up at the buttstock of the rifle seein as how there ain't no straw anywhere else. You got to learn to blend that in!

Anyway going to let it ride this time since a lot of obvious effort went into the photo. Either way!

Now how about the pictures from last night?....understand you got 21 hogs!.....ROFL

Let me guess, going to milk em out over 21 days so you don't have to hunt every night....Finally starting to listen to me!

Packrat

Packrat.gif

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.