In the Ear? Really???

Hold on.

Wait a minute. Let me start by saying that I was born and raised in Tennessee. That being said, I feel it is my duty so stand up for the Palmetto State, since I now call South Carolina home.

Just because South Carolina ranks 45th out of 50 states for edukayshun, 42nd out of 50 in health rankings, 41st out of 50 for household poverty rates, if South Carolina were a country, it would rank 65th in infant mortality rates, the 16th highest drug overdose mortality rate, and we're 46th in unemployment rates doesn't mean that we don't have a lot going on here.

We have a thriving and vibrant art scene:

attachment.php

We have a rich heritage of fine southern cooking:

attachment.php

and our impressive architectural structures:

attachment.php

So before you choose to bash the Palmetto State, take a close look at above photos and decide if you should come take a look at what South Carolina has to offer before you classify us as a bunch of toothless hillbillies.
mt6.jpg

Attachments

• box car.jpg
    box car.jpg
    106 KB · Views: 54
  • wood-metal1.jpg
    wood-metal1.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 52
  • barn.jpg
    barn.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 47
Packrat,

I guess that I will have to think about how I come across to people. I was not trying to be humorous. I was attempting to enlighten everyone about the many virtues of The Great State of South Carolina.

For example, did you know that South Carolina has a very modern system of roads and highways?

pai10.jpg

Or that we have extensive and celebrated history of distilling fine spirits?

maxresdefault.jpg

We have a booming economy. The pharmacy industry is making a big impact on our state:

Methlab1.jpg

If anyone needs suggestions on where to go for their next vacation, please feel free to contact me.

Our terminal watch ended this morning at 7:55.

Will not be posting in the future for a while. Thanks for all the good thoughts and prayers sent our way.

Packrat 6

My heart goes out to you packrat. Wish I could say something that would make you feel better. It's going to be pretty boring here till you get back. If you come this way PM me and we will look up the master hunter and have lunch or something.

You have my thoughts and prayers.

Shoot something dj to lighten up the mood!!!!!

My heart goes out to you packrat. Wish I could say something that would make you feel better. It's going to be pretty boring here till you get back. If you come this way PM me and we will look up the master hunter and have lunch or something.

You have my thoughts and prayers.

Shoot something dj to lighten up the mood!!!!!

Thanks Coy, everyone around here is still in shock, especially me. Give me some time to adjust and when I get down your way, will definitely look you up. Bought my first laptop about a week ago and will be able to monitor the site while traveling. We are sending her home to Olympia, WA., so am going to be extremely busy for the foreseeable future, but will try and stop in now and then.

thanks, Again

Bruce aka Packrat

i don't have the words, so i won't even try to fumble for the right ones. but i am thinking of you... more than you know.

guess i will have to come out of retirement. i'll go on record now as saying... djones will kill again!!!

Thanks everyone! Running the last of the family to the airport today, so will try and check back later. Will be leaving here next week and after the service on the 29th in Olympia, WA, am heading out East on the I-90 to Ilinois, then to Michigan, down to Kansas City then to Houston. Will be running around Texas for a while from there. Just need some time to not think about anything for awhile. Will post a schedule later.

Anyone wanting to meet up for Coffee, lunch or anything else, PM me and will arrange the schedule for the meeting.

scrmblr, sorry, but not getting to SC but maybe at a later date. Thanks for asking though. Just not worth the trip for a couple of Hot Dogs, now matter how much of a epicurean treat they might be.

Packrat

I think I may have unwittingly taught the big hogs that we were hunting them.

I had been getting consistent trail camera photos of the big hogs I posted in a previous message. After failing to kill the big hogs on a few early morning encounters, I noticed that I have not captured an image of them in over a week. The only variable that changed in the weeks leading up to our hunts was our presence, so I'm sure the big boys figured out that going to the corn pile was not a good idea. In my excitement to get a huge hog, I guess I scared him away.

I am going to continue to bait for the hogs in the same location. On Friday morning, I put out 240 pounds of corn. I arrived at the stand at 2305 hours Friday night and saw that there were over 20 smaller hogs in the clearing. After shooting one sow, I waited an hour before going to look at the corn pile. Almost all of the corn that I had put out that morning was gone. Due to family obligations, I have not been back to put out more corn. I'm planning on heading out tonight after putting the baby down to hunt and put out more corn.

Does anyone have experience in going after big hogs and having them disappear after receiving hunting pressure? I cannot think that it is a coincidence that the big ones disappeared after getting shot at a few times. There are tons of little ones waiting to get shot, but I think that is because they don't have the experience that the big ones have acquired.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.