In the Ear? Really???

Galveston....GO GET THEM!....Be sure you post a few more pictures though and while the lake is nice, the Fishing forum is down a little further on the list.......LOL

Also, you don't honestly think I'm going to let that rifle get out of the family's hands do you?

Anyway, have a good time and get some hogs or Yotes or anything but Packrats......:D

Packrat

Packrat.gif

OK, how about a discussion of items that we as both Americans and shooters should concern us. First let's take the UN agenda that our current political administration favors.

On August 24th, there is a secretive meeting, closed door, conference in Mexico City, designed to implement the UN's "Small arms Treaty" designed to remove all weapons except for Police and Military from all persons, particularly Americans, in spite of our Constitutional right to bear arms. A major focus of the meeting will be how to by-pass the Constitution and implement gun control on the U.S, and is to be enforced by the UN.

With over 300 Million guns and untold Billions of rounds of ammunition in the US, I suspect that the day that UN troops land on American soil to enforce this treaty, is the day that Americans will show the UN just how little THEIR regulations or treaties have on us, and that any politicians that ratified the treaty will be running for cover. If not, they may just end up hanging out. From light posts and trees.

There is a deep concern by the present administration that the US Military cannot or will not enforce this treaty since ALL of the enlistment oaths, both enlisted and officer are predicated on defending the constitution. Of some interest is the fact that the enlisted and officer oaths of enlistment are substantially different in as much as the enlisted oath has the words "Obey the orders of the President" where the officers oaths do not have this wording.

One of the means that they are trying to utilize is the curtailment of the 1st Amendment to the Constitution where if they can control what can be said or printed, Magazines like American Rifleman and all advertisements relating to Firearms and other select topics would become illegal. This process is already under way as the FCC takes over the internet and it may not be too far in the future before sites like LRH are forced to close. BTW, this is one of Hillary's favorite directions to pursue.

A thought that keeps reoccurring to me is that since the President has already set the precedent, can the rest of us just ignore Federal laws that we find inconvenient?

And in reply to numerous PM's and emails, the Packrat is NOT related to the President, it's just that our ears are so similar, but as the elder of us I had mine first!

See the difference?
Obama with ears.jpg...................................Packrat.gif

Packrat

...Packrat, I have to agree with the above...but will keep my sometimes bad mouth in check. I agree the 1st Amendment has been suffering lately.

BUT, not as much as I am going to make those hogs suffer when I head up North from here! Let's just say that with a .308 M&P10 and a borrowed 6.5 Grendel with the see in the dark gizmo's on it I will be "voting with a bullet" every time I see one of those walking bacon bombs.

By the way, I wonder if I can file suit against the government and get a free subsidy like they have for that healthcare thing that the Supreme Court just ruled on. I think we need to be paid by the Feds in some way for using our hard earned funds to go out every chance we can get to rid the U.S. of the darn Feral Hogs.

Galveston - I hope you kill em all!

I haven't killed a hog in over a year. Between farmers across the swamp growing peanuts, landowners poisoning hogs, and being busy with a new house and baby, I don't see hogs on the few times I'm able to get away. So....

For my Father's Day present, my wife got me a photo shoot on the beach with my 3 month old daughter. Not sure photoshop can cover my ugly mug, but one the drive to the beach on a deserted stretch of 2 lane road, we pass a set of power lines. Look to my left, and there is a group of around 10 pigs rolling in the mud in a set of tractor ruts. I didn't bother to bring any guns with me.

Not sure why I'm being tested like this. I must have done something to anger the hog hunting gods.

...Packrat, I have to agree with the above...but will keep my sometimes bad mouth in check. I agree the 1st Amendment has been suffering lately.

By the way, I wonder if I can file suit against the government and get a free subsidy like they have for that healthcare thing that the Supreme Court just ruled on. I think we need to be paid by the Feds in some way for using our hard earned funds to go out every chance we can get to rid the U.S. of the darn Feral Hogs.

I can only assume that the italicised and underlined word above was a misspelling and you actually meant FEDERAL hogs!

packrat

Galveston - I hope you kill em all!

I haven't killed a hog in over a year. Between farmers across the swamp growing peanuts, landowners poisoning hogs, and being busy with a new house and baby, I don't see hogs on the few times I'm able to get away. So....

For my Father's Day present, my wife got me a photo shoot on the beach with my 3 month old daughter. Not sure photoshop can cover my ugly mug, but one the drive to the beach on a deserted stretch of 2 lane road, we pass a set of power lines. Look to my left, and there is a group of around 10 pigs rolling in the mud in a set of tractor ruts. I didn't bother to bring any guns with me.

Not sure why I'm being tested like this. I must have done something to anger the hog hunting gods.

scrmblr, it's apparent you were never a Boy Scout. Their Motto is "Always be prepared". You probably need to go back and check out their reasoning.

When I'm at the ranch, I never leave the house without the Springfield and at least 4-20 round magazines, the 12 Gauge with both double ought and solid shot, a 357 and 45 on the hips, a K-bar fighting knife just back of the 357 and a Machete in a back sling over my right shoulder. Oh and a Swiss army knife in my pocket.

I stopped carrying the grenades since they had 5 second fuses and 5 seconds is just a little too long! Aside from this, no matter what happens, I can usually get myself out of it. And for some reason yahoos in bars don't bother me much, they seem to want to leave well enough alone!.....:D

AND if you think I'm bad, djones keeps everything but a 105 mm Howitzer in his truck cab!

ALWAYS have a gun with you in Hog country!.....Jeeezzzz Some kind of amateur....LOL

Packrat

Packrat.gif

20150606_165633.jpg

20150606_171022_001.jpg
]
Talked to the two old ladies that own the place last night and she said once again "Get rid of ALL the critters!"

I just took a good look at those pictures and it's become evident that no one is going to have to worry too much about those hogs shortly. If they both dropped their lighters, it usually means they were smoking and lordy knows that'll kill you! Just go back to where you saw the footprints and lay them lighters back down. As someone who has smoked, I know very well the desperation involved when you can't find a light for your cigar or cigarette.

They'll be back along real shortly looking for a way to light their smokes and you can nail them then. Wonder where they keep their smokes since they don't have pockets? That's probably how they lost their lighters.

Ya suppose they're making silk purses out of sow's ears to carry everything in?

Packrat

Packrat.gif

scrmblr, it's apparent you were never a Boy Scout. Their Motto is "Always be prepared". You probably need to go back and check out their reasoning.

When I'm at the ranch, I never leave the house without the Springfield and at least 4-20 round magazines, the 12 Gauge with both double ought and solid shot, a 357 and 45 on the hips, a K-bar fighting knife just back of the 357 and a Machete in a back sling over my right shoulder. Oh and a Swiss army knife in my pocket.

I stopped carrying the grenades since they had 5 second fuses and 5 seconds is just a little too long! Aside from this, no matter what happens, I can usually get myself out of it. And for some reason yahoos in bars don't bother me much, they seem to want to leave well enough alone!.....:D

AND if you think I'm bad, djones keeps everything but a 105 mm Howitzer in his truck cab!

ALWAYS have a gun with you in Hog country!.....Jeeezzzz Some kind of amateur....LOL

Packrat

View attachment 49254

I had a Glock with me, but the hogs were too far for a shot. If it wasn't a trip with the wife and the baby, I would have had a .308 with me. I keep one in the truck with me whenever I run to the woods. I'll be sure to take a .308 any my suppressor with me the next time we head out.

Lesson learned.

I'm going to check my trail cams tomorrow morning. Rest assured that I will be armed and ready to deal with any hogs seen.

I just took a good look at those pictures and it's become evident that no one is going to have to worry too much about those hogs shortly. If they both dropped their lighters, it usually means they were smoking and lordy knows that'll kill you! Just go back to where you saw the footprints and lay them lighters back down. As someone who has smoked, I know very well the desperation involved when you can't find a light for your cigar or cigarette.

They'll be back along real shortly looking for a way to light their smokes and you can nail them then. Wonder where they keep their smokes since they don't have pockets? That's probably how they lost their lighters.

Ya suppose they're making silk purses out of sow's ears to carry everything in?

Packrat

...Ya never know Packrat, that part of the state is so full of meth heads they might have been following the hogs to see how Bacon is born!!

Got my bi-weekly download of stuff from my brother and one particularly tickled me so am going to post it here. It came in fragmented so if there are a few difugalties, just ignore them....

ABOUT THE WRITER: Dave Barry is a Pulitzer Prize-winning humor columnist for the Miami Herald.

Colonoscopy Journal:
I called my friend Andy Sable, a gastroenterologist, to make an appointment for a colonoscopy. A few days later, in his office, Andy showed me a color diagram of the colon, a lengthy organ that appears to go all over the place, at one point passing briefly through Minneapolis. Then Andy explained the colonoscopy procedure to me in a thorough, reassuring and patient manner. I nodded thoughtfully, but I didn't really hear anything he said, because my brain was shrieking, 'HE'S GOING TO STICK A TUBE 17,000 FEET LONG UP YOUR BEHIND!'

I left Andy's office with some written instructions, and a prescription for a product called 'MoviPrep,' which comes in a box large enough to hold a microwave oven. I will discuss MoviPrep in detail later; for now suffice it to say that we must never allow it to fall into the hands of America 's enemies. I spent the next several days productively sitting around being nervous. Then, on the day before my colonoscopy, I began my preparation. In accordance with my instructions, I didn't eat any solid food that day; all I had was chicken broth, which is basically water, only with less flavor.

Then, in the evening, I took the MoviPrep. You mix two packets of powder together in a one-litre plastic jug, then you fill it with lukewarm water. (For those unfamiliar with the metric system, a litre is about 32 gallons). Then you have to drink the whole jug. This takes about an hour, because MoviPrep tastes – and here I am being kind - like a mixture of goat spit and urinal cleanser, with just a hint of lemon.

The instructions for MoviPrep, clearly written by somebody with a great sense of humor, state that after you drink it,'a loose, watery bowel movement may result.' This is kind of like saying that after you jump off your roof, you may experience contact with the ground.

MoviPrep is a nuclear laxative. I don't want to be too graphic, here, but, have you ever seen a space-shuttle launch? This is pretty much the MoviPrep experience, with you as the shuttle. There are times when you wish the commode had a seat belt. You spend several hours pretty much confined to the bathroom, spurting violently. You eliminate everything. And then, when you figure you must be totally empty, you have to drink another litre of MoviPrep, at which point, as far as I can tell, your bowels travel into the future and start eliminating food that you have not even eaten yet.

After an action-packed evening, I finally got to sleep. The next morning my wife drove me to the clinic. I was very nervous. Not only was I worried about the procedure, but I had been experiencing occasional return bouts of MoviPrep spurtage. I was thinking, 'What if I spurt on Andy?' How do you apologize to a friend for something like that? Flowers would not be enough.

At the clinic I had to sign many forms acknowledging that I understood and totally agreed with whatever the heck the forms said. Then they led me to a room full of other colonoscopy people, where I went inside a little curtained space and took off my clothes and put on one of those hospital garments designed by sadist perverts, the kind that, when you put it on, makes You feel even more naked than when you are actually naked.

Then a nurse named Eddie put a little needle in a vein in my left hand. Ordinarily I would have fainted, but Eddie was very good, and I was already lying down. Eddie also told me that some people put vodka in their MoviPrep. At first I was ticked off that I hadn't thought of this, but then I pondered what would happen if you got yourself too tipsy to make it to the bathroom, so you were staggering around in full Fire Hose Mode. You would have no choice but to burn your house.

When everything was ready, Eddie wheeled me into the procedure room, where Andy was waiting with a nurse and an anesthesiologist. I did not see the 17,000-foot tube, but I knew Andy had it hidden around there somewhere. I was Seriously nervous at this point. Andy had me roll over on my left side, and the anesthesiologist began hooking something up to the needle in my hand.

There was music playing in the room and I realized that the song was 'Dancing Queen' by ABBA. I remarked to Andy that, of all the songs that could be playing during this particular procedure, 'Dancing Queen' had to be the Least appropriate. 'You want me to turn it up?' said Andy, from somewhere behind me...'Ha ha,' I said. And then it was time, the moment I had been dreading for more than a decade. If you are squeamish, prepare yourself, because I am going to tell you, in explicit detail, exactly what it was like.

I have no idea.

Really. I slept through it. One moment, ABBA was yelling 'Dancing Queen, feel the beat of the tambourine,'and the next moment, I was back in the other room, waking up in a very mellow mood.

Andy was looking down at me and asking me how I felt. I felt excellent. I felt even more excellent when Andy told me that It was all over, and that my colon had passed with flying colors. I have never been prouder of an internal organ.

On the subject of Colonoscopies... Colonoscopies are no joke, but these comments during the exam were quite humorous. A physician claimed that the following are actual comments made by his patients (predominately male) while he was performing their colonoscopies:

1.Take it easy Doc. You're boldly going where no man has gone before.
2. 'Find Amelia Earhart yet?'
3. 'Can you hear me NOW?'
4. 'Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet?'
5 'You know, in Arkansas, we're now legally married.
6. 'Any sign of the trapped miners, Chief?'
7. 'You put your left hand in, you take your left handout...'
8. 'Hey! Now I know how a Muppet feels!'
9. 'If your hand doesn't fit, you must quit!'
10. 'Hey Doc,let me know if you find my dignity.'
11. 'You used to be an executive at Enron, didn't you?'
12. 'God, now I know why I am not gay!
And the best one of all:
13.'Could you write a note for my wife saying that my head is not up there?'

Hope you enjoyed

Packrat

Packrat.gif

All this talk about colons reminds me that I need to find a new primary care physician. I'm getting to the age where I'll have to get a finger shoved up my rear in a few years. My current doctor is a big ol' boy from Texas. He stands about 6'4, and has fingers the size of the of a billy club.

I'll be in the market for a female Filipino doctor who can't br taller than 5'5" or have fingers thicker than a straw from McDonalds.

BUT, not as much as I am going to make those hogs suffer when I head up North from here! Let's just say that with a .308 M&P10 and a borrowed 6.5 Grendel with the see in the dark gizmo's on it I will be "voting with a bullet" every time I see one of those walking bacon bombs

Hey Galveston, why don't you get a hold of Double Naught and take him with you. Would provide some good video and if you run out of ammo killing all them hogs, why double naught shoots the 6.5 Grendel so he'll have extra!

On second thought, mooching ammo just kind of smacks of djones......Maybe you should rethink that! And even though this is a hog forum, any time I think of Wild Turkeys, he just naturally comes to mind. Wonder if he is still getting rained out?.............Even if he isn't I'm sure he'll come up with some excuse why no pictures of hogs.....:rolleyes:

Also, I never did quite understand his comment about having problems getting the Lanolin out of the front of his pants, until my neighbor John explained it to me yesterday!......:D

Will check back in later

Packrat

Packrat.gif

Got a PM from Snerk5490 wondering about the above comment. Claimed he didn't understand it. That's OK, neither did I until it was explained to me.

OK, so will explain it as best I can in simple terms so everyone understands. All of my dates, my whole life, ONLY HAD TWO LEGS!.....I've never had a date go BAAAAAd on me.

OK, everyone get it?

Did have a blind date once that almost made me wish I was blind! Not only was the girl ugly, but even worse was her personality and she only had a passing acquaintance with soap and water. Had to have the seat covers replaced where she had sat after I took her home. Worse 2 hours I ever spent. And no, I didn't kiss her goodnight.

Packrat

Packrat.gif

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.