In the Ear? Really???

105 Degree's, 102 Degree's......Jeeezz, still winter weather. Was 108 in Tucson today with 111 expected on Saturday. Of course, it's a dry heat which means that it's so dry I went into my backyard and one of the oranges was sucking a lemon.

With the water rationing, people are limited to 1 bath a week. djones wants to move here so he has a legitimate excuse not to take a bath!

At least one of the advantages with the sunshine is you don't have to shovel it!

Packrat

View attachment 49019

I've been to the southwest and I was able to go to Egypt back in 1993. Both areas have the dry heat, but I don't feel that they compare with the heat/humidity combo we have in the south. It's supposed to get up to 102 today. Not sure about the humidity, but I'd take a dry 110 over a wet 100.

Well down in Florida and temp is 105 and feels like I'm living under a nutsac its so humid
am i the only one who thinks it's odd that someone would relate their habitat to a 105 degree nutsac? pak's is only 98.6 degrees. i'm sure he'd let you stay there if you'd prefer.

still working on pic...

I've been to the southwest and I was able to go to Egypt back in 1993. Both areas have the dry heat, but I don't feel that they compare with the heat/humidity combo we have in the south. It's supposed to get up to 102 today. Not sure about the humidity, but I'd take a dry 110 over a wet 100.

Yeah, I have to agree. spent 2 years in Kenner, LA, right outside of New Orleans and you had to carry a towel with you!

Got a lot going on will be back later.

Packrat

am i the only one who thinks it's odd that someone would relate their habitat to a 105 degree nutsac? pak's is only 98.6 degrees. i'm sure he'd let you stay there if you'd prefer. still working on pic...

Well I hate to disappoint you guys, but not letting ANY MALE near my sac!
\
Welcome back, Brewer, the more the merrier!

Packrat

Yeah, I have to agree. spent 2 years in Kenner, LA, right outside of New Orleans and you had to carry a towel with you!

Got a lot going on will be back later.

Packrat

People say that Cajuns are idiots, but anyone that builds a city 10 feet below sea level and fills it with democrats can't be that dumb!

Sorry people, have to go and have the stitches removed from my eye so will have to wait til later to post anything worthwhile. then won't promise it is worthwhile.....:D

Packrat

am i the only one who thinks it's odd that someone would relate their habitat to a 105 degree nutsac? pak's is only 98.6 degrees. i'm sure he'd let you stay there if you'd prefer.

still working on pic...

Come on you've never seen a huge fat guy walking around on a hot day and not thought to yourself that man has to have a sweaty sac. Lol.

Come on you've never seen a huge fat guy walking around on a hot day and not thought to yourself that man has to have a sweaty sac. Lol.

Well, snox, to be truthful, no, it has never crossed my mind!

On the other hand, I have seen young female hardbodies wearing not much more than two bandaids and a cork and thought......Well never mind, no sense wasting that thought on someone who was distracted by fat men!..................:rolleyes:

Packrat

For those that hunt in hot climates - what have you seen concerning nocturnal hog movements when it is so hot out? I know that hogs don't have sweat glands, so movement during hot weather is minimal. My thinking is that when it is hot out (like 98 degrees at 5:15 pm as it was at my house tonight) the hogs late movement will be pushed back later into the night than it would be during the cool warm and spring weather.

I got a call from a friend that owns farmland. He saw a few fresh rootings this am. Thinking I may not head down until after dark when I'd normally be in the stand 90 minutes before official sunset.

Thoughts?

I got a call from a friend that owns farmland. He saw a few fresh rootings this am. Thinking I may not head down until after dark when I'd normally be in the stand 90 minutes before official sunset.Thoughts?

Scrmblr
Take a look at the pictures and video's posted on this thread, the number of hogs shot and the number of diurnal (Day) shots in relation to the nocturnal shots. Can only speak for myself, (for a change) but intend to do most of my shooting at night from here on out. There also seems to be a correlation between the size of the hogs shot during the day as opposed to those shot at night, with the larger hogs being shot at night. Over bait, usually fermented corn, I do know that they will sometimes be available early, early morning or late evening, but have also noticed that the bait had a lot of tracks around it the next day. I must be getting old, since I hadn't made the connection that they were coming in late at night until I started looking at djones pictures.....Well duh!

OK, so I am old, no need to harp on it djones.

The only other thing I can think of is that djones is picking up the hogs as roadkill during the day and having his picture taken at night so that the tread marks don't show up as clearly. BUT there have been a few that I am still suspicious of that he has posted.

Got to go write my column for next week, so will check back in tomorrow!

Packrat

I've killed more hogs at night than during the day. Looking back, I haven't killed any big hogs during the day when it has been hot out. I've killed a number of smaller hogs feeding during the daylight, but they were probably too dumb to know better.

I'm going to start keeping track of the temperature on my hog kills. I'm curious to determine if there are any thresholds regarding warmer temperatures and hog movement i.e., hogs don't really start moving until it gets below 88 degrees or something like that.

Or maybe it's just being in the right place at the right time.

Hey djones,

What is that Peanut stuff you use for bait again?...I know it somewhere back in the thread but couldn't find it. Is it a local product or byproduct or available everywhere, because I asked my brother about it and he's never heard of it either.

Here's your chance to impart some of those many years of experience! Old dogs can learn new tricks. You just have to be a lot more patient...........:D

Packrat

Hey djones, What is that Peanut stuff you use for bait again?...Here's your chance to impart some of those many years of experience! Old dogs can learn new tricks. You just have to be a lot more patient...........:D
Packrat

Well, looks like I am being ignored again. Will give him the rest of the day to respond, before posting some of his more radical pictures to YouTube, but in the meantime, for purely entertainment value, will give you some classical music.

Please pay attention to the expressions shown on her face. You can sure tell she is a music fan.

[ame]https://youtu.be/UDXUDehUgIQ[/ame]

Packrat

Packrat.gif

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts