In the Ear? Really???

How come when I saw the Javalina's being taken with a Machete, they had a big slash behind the head and your Machete only makes a small hole behind the ear? Aren't you aiming that Machete right? Also that looks to be about a .308 Machete!

In regards to a previous discussion I wish I'd remembered before I posted the name of my Washington company....OOPS!

oh well, on with Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Hogs!

Packrat

Mouse.gif

oops. tried to edit the suggestive post but the edit option is already gone. might be bulking up a few lbs from dragging bigger hogs than usual. hope to get a haircut soon. starting to look like don king when i hang out the window pistol whipping pigs. and be glad brewer's wife just sticks her elbow in your ear. she likes to put her big toe in mine!!!

Alright Packrat, get out the cleaver!gun)

Alright Packrat, get out the cleaver!gun)

Brewer: His machete is longer than my cleaver...............You know, somehow that just don't sound right!

djones, Get someone to take a picture of you up in one of those tree's. I could use the comic relief! I also note the section of fence in the bottom right hand corner. Dropped the fence so he could only get out by running past you, or was it after you "Machete'd" him that you dropped the fence?

Full moon for the next couple of days, so now you can go back to biting them on the neck!..Wondered about you only hunting at night anymore and why you turned down that cubicle at work with the window!

Get the urge to do a little neck biting myself when I see that little college girl down the street! Don't even have to be a full moon! If they made girls like that back when I was younger, the "Wild West" would have been a whole lot wilder!

Packrat
Sure wish LRH, would let you put animated critters in your signature block, I have to download the packrat each time!

Mouse.gif

Full moon and djones has that d-740 NVD that works best when there is some ambient light. We won't see him until morning so am taking the night off as soon as I finish this post! I'm pretty sure he took off from work early so he could go bait those hogs out of that farmers field that wouldn't let him shoot them last night, so will just have to wait and see. When it comes to baiting, I hear he is a master and there is a good line there, but since chillun's might be looking on on this thread, going to just let it ride!

Speaking of NVD's am really kind of irritated at my brother since when I told him which NVD's to buy, he only bought one. If he had bought us each one like I told him, it would have been covered by the Legal Corporation that screwed up our hunting grant so we would have each had one, paid for by them. Now he has the d-760 and he sent me a cheap (less than $600.00) digital one he bought because I was raising so much heck about it. With my bad eye's it will probably work OK, but why should he get to keep the good one?

Next time I'm down there at the ranch, will have to wait til he's asleep and do a switch on the last night, just before leaving the next morning! Will give him something else to get upset about when he gets home and goes to clean his rifle, rather than getting all upset cause I seem to always put him into situations that scare the **** out of him....Laughing just thinking about them. He ought to know by now that that's what older Brothers are for and look on it as a learning experience! Anymore, he gets real nervous when hunting with me and calls me a problem magnet. I don't see no problem, it isn't my pants he's soiling....ROFL

Random thought just crossed my mind. Has anyone tried using either motion activated UV floods around the bait or even the Military style UV Chem lights? If so, how did it work? Did it help increase the visibility range of the NVD?

Anyway am out of here for the night, so adios

Packrat

Mouse.gif

i'm all for blaming coy, but just out of curiosity, were you going to say something before or after the pic of your penitentiary bride entering your cell?

well here's another machete pic to get me off the hook. notice there are trees!!!

machet2_zpsvi5j5h9s.jpg

In regards to the the first comment, they say memory is the 2nd thing to go and I can't remember what the first is. But at least we got that settled. We're blaming Coy for the entire thing. Got anything else hanging over your head?. As long as we're going to be blaming Coy, lets load him up with all the other things we want to pass the buck on! Like for example, your inability to take out a hog with a Machete, without the help of Photo slop! At least throw a little dirt or blood or something on the darn Machete before you post it!

In regards to the 2nd comment above, those aren't tree's, those are tumbleweeds with the stickers blown off! I've pulled weeds in my yard bigger than those "Tree's"! Can't wait to see your technique of dropping out of them onto a hog! Pretty sure you'd have to reach up to get to the hog.

Well, no new pictures posted so guess you didn't get lucky last night unless you forgot about going hunting and stayed home and maybe you did get lucky and that's why there are no pictures. AND if you did get lucky at home, you know the rule, no pic, no credit......:D

Had a quiet night myself, except for one moment when I walked out on the back patio to retrieve my coffee cup I had left there yesterday morning. **** half breed feral cat exploded out from behind the BBQ and while it didn't scare me, I am sure by the end of the week, will be able to pass gas again. Darndest looking cat I've ever seen. Looks like a bobcat with a long silky tail. Going to have to have my brother send me one of the trail camera's from Texas so I can get a picture of it. Never know when it's going to be out there, and always have the camera ready , but it's never there when I am.

OK, will just wait and see what happens. Will check back later.

Packrat

Packrat.gif

Went wandering around the Hog forum and noticed that we are running 3rd as far as total views. We are right behind Coy Franks almost free hog hunting post which is at about 22,000 views and then the highest one is for ....Brace your feet, "Is the wimpy .223 worth hunting" with at 44,000 +/- views.

Now for those of you that don't know my attitude about the .223, i personally think it's a *** round. I fought with it in combat and have absolutely no use for the round! It's OK for girls and those under AGE 14, or for training people how to shoot, but for hunting? Sure it can kill big game, but so can a .22 with the right amount of luck. Just about the same in my mind. Luck plays a very important part of dropping anything aside from varmints with a .22 or a .223. if you are hunting anything larger than a very small deer with a .223, you're an idiot!

I read the posts all over the forums and get to the parts where "I killed a Polar Bear, or Elk or any other game animal at 600 yards with my trusty .223". Like i told djones a while back on this forum, what do you call a carwash for hogs?....HOGWASH!.
1) You were very lucky or
2) The animal fell over with a Heart Attack just from the sheer audacity that you would even shoot at it with something only slightly better than a Wrist Rocket sling shot!

Now some of you .223 shooters are bound to get your panties twisted by my remarks, so feel free to fire back. Those of you that will own up to it though, dump the ***, go get you a rifle!.......Sure the recoil is a little heavier, but at least you won't be wounding and probably losing animals that walk off and die in the brush......:rolleyes:

Packrat

NOT funny, djones.......:D

Well, will see if this riles them up enough to post a reply...You tried this when you started the thread, but didn't work then. Lets see what happens now. Did everything but call them girls, which I suppose a few of them are, but, no offense ladies.

Packrat

LMAOROTF

djones is looking good. That is the perfect camo. The hogs will think you are just one of the group!

Hey, ya'll can blame be for just about everything.........and probably be right!

Grankids are coming this weekend so I had to go to town and buy sardines for the coon trap. Also got new plugs and wires for my pickup just in case we catch a herd of hogs crossing a field. I've patched all the wires under it so ever thing is working now for the rundown.

I can't wait!!!

Well, Mr. Jones, you finally did it. My wife called me into the living room and said to hurry. When I got there this was being played on one of the major networks and I only caught part of it, but will repeat it as close as I can. My wife asked me if this was directed at the guy in Texas that I occasionally talked to that was killing all them poor baby pigs, and what could I say, but yes! Then I took what pictures I could.

First of all this picture appeared:
djones hog warning 1 001.jpg
Click to enlarge
Then basically this is what the Announcer said:

From a unidentified Pilot flying between Albuquerque, New Mexico, and Dallas Texas comes this photograph taken somewhere over central Texas showing what was originally believed to be a crop circle. We dispatched a new crew from Dallas to cover what we thought was going to be a Human interest story, but has ended up as a mystery. The picture shown, rather than being crushed down into a hay field like a normal crop circle, appears to have been run back and forth repeatedly in the wheat stubble until the wheat stubble has been crushed into the underlying dirt, leaving the pattern that you see here. Since the original picture was very faint, we enhanced the photo to show what is actually being said.
scan0005.jpg
Click to enlarge
When asked about the picture drawn in the dirt the local sherriff stated that he thought it was the work of local High school kids and when further asked about the somewhat strange spelling, his reply was "Just typical of a Texas High School Edumacation". Yes, that's what he said, an edumacation! Further efforts by the news crew on the ground turned up a Mr. Franks that said it was probably directed at a local gentleman known as DJones, The self proclaimed king of the Feral Hog Hunters. Efforts to contact Mr. Jones were futile as no one seemed able to give specific directions on how to locate him, but again, Mr Franks said that he thought djones was off in Oklahoma doing and ad for Depend, Male Incontinence diapers, and gave us a copy of one of djones ad's.
scan0003.jpg
Click to enlarge
Further inquiries found that Mr Jones is apparently not only appearing in the Depend ads, but has expanded his advertising line to include other products. When available, we would appreciate being able to talk to this mysterious Mr. Jones about why the Hogs would like to get him!
scan0002.jpg
click to enlarge

Now in further news,.........and that was the end of it.

Well, boy, looks like you got national exposure now so guess you'll probably be off to Hollywood or someplace seeing as how your going to be famous. BTW, could you do me a big favor and sent one of them Depend Sample packs to my brother? Seems like everytime we go hunting, he kind of develops this condition......

Packrat

Packrat.gif

you're killin me. i think you're taking out your frustrations from others' lack of participation on me. have an idea...

post all those pm's you got from members whining about one thing or another. list their screen names too. go ahead and edit the messages as necessary to make them more interesting.

you're killin me. I think you're taking out your frustrations from others' lack of participation on me. have an idea...

post all those pm's you got from members whining about one thing or another. list their screen names too. go ahead and edit the messages as necessary to make them more interesting.

OK, but will edit their names a little so that it's evident who they are, but still not directly by name. Don't need any more complaints filed against me with LRH.

BUT!, not until I finish the latest project which involves a Mardi Gras mask, two chickens, Panty Hose and Crisco....You'll love it!...................ROFL

Not taking my frustration out on you, since You deserve ever bit of cr*p I throw at you, especially after that last picture. Heck just wait til my Photo bucket or whatever the name of that program is, gets here. Then won't have to print, cut and paste manually then scan it in. Hoo haw, then I'll have some fun! Anyway, I thought you liked the notoriety.....:rolleyes:

Drawing that darn hog with the Paint program was a PIA.

Besides, you are just trying to divert me away from you and the fact that you've about shot out all of central Texas. Maybe you need to start on Cows?.....Pretty transparent. Apparently my last effort left you flabbergasted and you can't figure out how to respond, hence the diversion.

Besides, I haven't had so much fun since I and a friend magnetized the steel shot with a VERY, VERY strong NASA gauss field and won all those "Turkey Shoot" prizes down in Louisiana when steel shot first came out, and no one could figure out how I was blowing the whole center out of the 4" x 4" card at 35 yards with factory #8 shot! Could have probably kept going if I hadn't got too close to a pickup truck and having to explain why all those shotgun shells were hanging on the side of the truck, got very interesting. The jig was up, so they say!

So where is my picture of you in those "tree's"?......LOL

Packrat

Packrat.gif

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts