In the Ear? Really???

Arrow was buried past the nock and covered in juice

Attachments

• 20160501_110545.jpg
    20160501_110545.jpg
    165.5 KB · Views: 58
Scrambler, years ago I was in a climber and watched a young doe come out of the brush, a couple of minutes later she was followed by a fresh drop. It couldn't have been 24 hrs. old. It could walk but was still not comfortable. They walked on by and about 10 minutes later a pretty good size Bobcat came out of the same trail out of the brush and went the same way they did with it's head down. There were 2 or 3 places that the cat could have gone, but it was on the fawn's trail. I let it (the bobcat) get out about 100 or so yards and could still see the deer a couple of small turns down the logging road.

When I heart shot him it was about perfect with a hot Nosler 150 gr. Ballistic tip. There was a "V" shaped spray from his butt past his fore end. His spine was all that was holding the hams to the neck and shoulders.

He won't track no mo' fresh drop anythings. This I can guarantee. (Lord what a mess) Paul

Scrambler, years ago I was in a climber and watched a young doe come out of the brush, a couple of minutes later she was followed by a fresh drop. It couldn't have been 24 hrs. old. It could walk but was still not comfortable. They walked on by and about 10 minutes later a pretty good size Bobcat came out of the same trail out of the brush and went the same way they did with it's head down. There were 2 or 3 places that the cat could have gone, but it was on the fawn's trail. I let it (the bobcat) get out about 100 or so yards and could still see the deer a couple of small turns down the logging road.

When I heart shot him it was about perfect with a hot Nosler 150 gr. Ballistic tip. There was a "V" shaped spray from his butt past his fore end. His spine was all that was holding the hams to the neck and shoulders.

He won't track no mo' fresh drop anythings. This I can guarantee. (Lord what a mess) Paul

I bet not! I bet that made a huge mess! Would have been interesting to see!

Scrambler, I said that the cartridge was hot, well, it was an '06, Nos. 150 BT at 3100 fps. and it was a cat's eye so to speak. This was long enough ago that cell phones didn't have cameras in them. I'd love to have a pic to put in the load room. I don't think that I could get away with hanging it above the couch in the living room. :rolleyes: Paul

Scrambler, I said that the cartridge was hot, well, it was an '06, Nos. 150 BT at 3100 fps. and it was a cat's eye so to speak. This was long enough ago that cell phones didn't have cameras in them. I'd love to have a pic to put in the load room. I don't think that I could get away with hanging it above the couch in the living room. :rolleyes: Paul

Probably not! My wife doesn't even want me hanging my deer mounts and hog mount in the house. I told her I need to build a detached garage as my "man cave" where I can hang all of the trophies on the wall that I want.

It has been a long past few days. One of my college roommates and his son visited me over weekend. I put out over 600 pounds of corn since last Monday in hopes on enticing a porker to pay us a visit. We put in over 260 miles, spent over 20 hours in the woods since Thursday, and don't have anything to show for it. His son missed a hog on the first night, and we saw nothing but deer, raccoons, opossums, and squirrels the remaining time out in the woods. It was a good time to catch up with a life long friend, but I wish they would be taking back straps back with them back to PA.

Look what happens if you don't put corn out;

Wild Javelinas Maul Arizona Woman
Fountain Hills attack blamed partly on neighbors
getimage.aspx

By Neal Colgrass, Newser Staff
Posted May 8, 2016 3:50 PM CDT

https://www.facebook.com/sharer/sharer.phphttps://www.twitter/sharehttp://www.newser.com/ 35 comments Comments

1067617-13-20160508152314.jpeg
imageshrink3.png
imageenlarge3.png

A Collared Pecary or Javelina is seen in this file photo. (AP Photo/Kent Gilbert)

(Newser) – An Arizona woman was walking her two dogs last weekend when a herd of javelinas—hoofed mammals also known as peccaries or "skunk pigs"—charged and viciously mauled her, the Arizona Republic reports. They tore away at her upper body and neck with their teeth, forcing her to have surgery and receive treatment for rabies; she was hospitalized as of Friday night. At least one of her dogs was injured and went into surgery as well. "We are fortunate that the attack was not worse," says Amy Burnett, a Game and Fish spokeswoman. "Attacks by javelina on humans are rare, but when they happen, public safety is our main concern." Six javelinas were killed as a public safety precaution, KNXV-TV reports. Neighbors in Fountain Hills were partly to blame for illegally feeding the wild animals, officials say.

Vicious little buggers!

I'm a little burned out on the hog hunting at this point. Spent a lot of time preparing for the hunt and hunting, so a little discourage at only seeing one hog.

I just need a few days and I'll be ready to get back at it!

So if you put bait out they will attack people? Scram maybe you can use this. Just go a short distance from your hair and have your wife walk around the wood to draw them in. She may not like it but hey new baiting style.

Anyone use one of these to make sour mash? It is self contained and has a drain spout. I'd have to keep it in the back of a truck, since a load of sour mash would be pretty heavy, but if I get the correct drain valve, I think it could work.

Attachments

• 275 gallon plastic.jpg
    275 gallon plastic.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 63
I'm thinking that the farmers irrigation supply companies that handle the big traversing type of irrigation setups would have all the fittings that you need. I'd probably use a ball type valve so that the solids from the mash wouldn't clog the valve being at the bottom of the tank.

You might be able to find one used maybe with a crack. The farm chemicals are so expensive that I can't see a farmer taking a chance with them so maybe you can get one cheep in a trader type paper.

You're going to need a big well to wash it out several times so it won't kill your fermentation and water here would cost you a bunch to wash that thing out several times. Maybe some baking soda 5 lbs. or so to kill any residual smells.

Just an old man's W.A.G.'s. Good luck and be careful, Paul

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.