Impulse buy need some info on what i got

backyardsniper

I made an impulse buy today. Purchased a winchester M70 Coyote lite in 243. From what i can gather this rifle has a 1/10 twist as opposed to the usual 1/9.25. I have never seen one of thees before and got a good deal i think at 850 900 tax and all out the door NIB. I am guessing that you would have to stay on the lighter side of the bullets with this one in 10. which is fine i'll probe shoot the 58 v-max anyway since i plan to shoot coyotes with it anyway. Kinda looking for the 400yd laser. Let me know if anyone has any experience with this particular rifle

my 1 in 10 twist sakos shoot everything awesome. from 70 to 100. have not tried the lighter ones.

My S-I-L shoots the 243win (used to be my rifle) with the 58 grain V-Max under H4895 and put them into .5" at 200 yds. I knew this rifle, M77 MkII all-weather, was laser accurate with 100 grain flat-base bullets but I had never shot any of the lighter ones. He first tried the 55 grain Nosler BT bullets but they just would not work. IMO, the only reason to need a faster twist than 1/10" if you are going to shoot 105> grain cup and core or the heavier/longer Barnes/monometal bullets. Most off the shelf 6mm rifles have a 1/10" twist barrel. My Model 600 Remington carbine 1/10" barrel pet load is with a 70 grain Nosler BT, but it is not as accurate as the old 243 Ruger, as it shoots these into 5/8" at 100 yds but I think that wil suffice for yotes though I have yet to shoot one with it.

Yes, good walking rifle. 75 grn V-max behind h4831sc, Win brass and CCI LR primer. Its .5 MOA. Probably killed more than anything I own, pigs, deer, coyotes, farrel goats, coati, p-dogs. I like the balistics of the 75 grn want to try the 87 but it shoots so well have not bothered

The tupperware stock on the rifle sucks though.

Yes, good walking rifle. 75 grn V-max behind h4831sc, Win brass and CCI LR primer. Its .5 MOA. Probably killed more than anything I own, pigs, deer, coyotes, farrel goats, coati, p-dogs. I like the balistics of the 75 grn want to try the 87 but it shoots so well have not bothered

The tupperware stock on the rifle sucks though.

Tupperware? The Coyote lite stock is an aluminum blocked Bell and Carlson isn't it?

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.