I'm sorta new here...

2 Crow

Hi folks.

Since I started researching my new passion (the .257 Roy and the Vanguard S2), I've been reading post on this forum and decided to register.

Looking forward to learning and sharing what I can.

Hope y'all have a Blessed Day!

Wayne

Welcome to LRH. You've got to a place where the people are smart and they're generally nice (there are a few dorks here).

Tell us some more about your passion. Can't say I'm familiar with a 257roy. Do you already own one? what's your intended use?

The .257 Roy is the .257 Weatherby. I picked it up a week ago or so. I have been to the range with it one time, and love it. Headed back out tomorrow for a little quality time.

Mounted a 4.5x14 Leupold VXIII on it in Talley LW rings. I just put a liittle custom touch paint job on the factory stock.

So far, I have run the factory Weatherby 80grn TTSX loads through it with decent results. Going to try some of the factory Hornady 90 grn GMX loads.

I will use it this deer season and then thru the winter for coyotes.

The .257 Roy is the .257 Weatherby. I picked it up a week ago or so. I have been to the range with it one time, and love it. Headed back out tomorrow for a little quality time.

Mounted a 4.5x14 Leupold VXIII on it in Talley LW rings. I just put a liittle custom touch paint job on the factory stock.

So far, I have run the factory Weatherby 80grn TTSX loads through it with decent results. Going to try some of the factory Hornady 90 grn GMX loads.

I will use it this deer season and then thru the winter for coyotes.

Are you able to reload? it would allow you to really bring out the performance of a high-performance cartridge like the 257roy.

Are you able to reload? it would allow you to really bring out the performance of a high-performance cartridge like the 257roy.

You Bet! I started with the factory loads so I could build some brass. I have plenty of the 80grn TTSX boolits and a barrel of IMR 4831 ready to go. I am inclined to load the 100 grn TTSX, but find I have plenty of 80 grainers just waiting to be stuffed into cases.

We are limited to hunt here in my area with lead free projectiles, so my options are a little limited. But if she keeps shooting like she did today, I could live with it.

null_zps26177965.jpg

That's .408" with factory loads. I hope my home rolled will match or surpass that. I like it a lot!!

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.