Sorta new here II

oodmoff

Been registered since 2017, but primarily lurk.........then i get to thinking about the deals I miss in the classifieds....lol...

Anyways avid collector, hunter and not avid enough as I like to be shooter of any and all.

Been in the schuetzen game for a bit and trying my hand at longer distances in past few years.

Really appreciate all the insights I've gained from the discussions in is forum over the few years.

Originally a NW Wyoming-ite, last twenty I've been a greenie!

Haha I started posting for the same reason. I like to read but never posted anything then saw something in Classifieds I wanted and was like, **** it!

Thanks,

Yes it does.....to the best of my knowledge more than 1/2 of top bench (9/15) shooters in the schuetzen game (in the last 30 yrs) set there 50 shot bench record scores using a miller action (ASSRA records for that specific event). The Millers are highly sought after especially given the sale and then their complete discontinuance. (scores ranging from 1240-1249 out of a possible 1250). 1 1/2" center 200 yrds 10 shots per target 5 targets, most were shot with .32's (including the .32 Miller Short(8/15)) at velocities 40-60% of what is common around these parts. Dakota Millers are a rare bird.

I'm really really in my infancy in all of it, but trying to learn what I can before much of the history of the sport is lost with the folks that play(ed) the game... Miller actions alone can reach the 2k+ mark. I have yet to own purchase/find one (sometimes money and timing...lol) , one of the guys, i shoot with (who just crushes me) has 3 and they tack drive. For those not familar, the youtube video of Shooting USA on Schuetzen shooting with John Merz is a great short watch.

Shooting USA...the ole Jim Schoutten........"keep in in the 10 ring" ha .....we modify that for "keep it in the 25 ring"

Last edited:
Wow, that's interesting! The reason I asked is because my wife is from the small town in South Dakota where Dean Miller lived, and created that action. It's too bad Dean's son sold out to Dakota Arms. I think he was promised quite a bit going into that transaction and after Dakota Arms filed for bankruptcy they didn't have to follow through.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts