I'm going to bed my VS stock.

jcpython357

I\'m going to bed my VS stock.

After getting my VS back from Remington, "Barrel pulls left when guard screws are tightened", I took the stock off for the first time and noticed somebody took a little metal off the right side of the bedding block, and when I put the action back in I had a hard time getting it to where it was when it came from Gander MT. from which I sent the rifle, also noticed 2 'spikes' if you will, on the front corners(contact spots) of the bedding block, where it's making more contact than on the rest of the bedding block, so now, who can I send this rifle to, to get a good bed job, preferably in the midwest area? Jay

Re: I\'m going to bed my VS stock.

jay--i did the same thing...myself. it's super easy to do yourself. get some brownells steel-bed or jb-weld, or some other epoxy, preferrebly with metal in it. devcon aluminum putty is what theguys on BR told me.

all you need to do is rough up the aluminum and smear on the goop and tighten the screws and let it cure.

make sure you get it behind the lug too, but if it shoots good floated, leave the barrel alone.

EM me if i can help you out. i've done this to my VS with great success.

Jason

Re: I\'m going to bed my VS stock.

Jay, I would suggest Marine Tex. It's a little easier to use than most of the other stuff. I bed about 10 rifles a week in it and have used em all and I like it the best. If you want to do it yourself give me an email at [email protected] and I'll walk you through it. There's a couple of tricks to bedding an HS that will make it easier.
Chris

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.